Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kent

Thread: will delta help us get to our flight

will delta help us get to our flight

Hi to all. This is the first time that I will be going to the airport in Aruba and need some help/advice. We are going to Bonaire and have a delta flight from Atlanta to Aruba. The flights from Aruba to Bonaire are Insel Air. Going down is not the problem it is coming back that we might encounter some problems. I have been reading this forum and researching through the posts and read alot about the custom lines causing problems. We will be arriving in Aruba from Bonaire (Curacao) flying Insel Air and the flight gets into Aruba at 1:15pm. Our Delta flight leaves Aruba going to Atlanta at 3:00pm, I am very concerned about the time giving us only 1hr and 45 min to get off plane, through customs and at our gate in time. Some people have said I will have no problem and others said it might be a tight squeeze. I called delta and they said I should have no problems and said if I did and missed the flight due to customs lines being to long then they would take care of us. Meaning they would provide a hotel room and change our flight with no charge. Does anyone have any insight to this or has this happened to anyone? If a person misses the plane due to lines at customs will the airline help like they said they would? Do the Delta representatives help pull their passengers through custom lines to get them on their flight? Thank you for any help. This is a great forum to read and have learned many things.

Aruba since 1979
    hi xenna and welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    to the best of my knowledge, there is no expedited way of getting thru the US CUSTOMS line.
    Is there any way that you can catch an earlier flight?
    Remember too that you will have to get your luggage, go thru Aruba Immigration and Aruba Customs.
    Then head over to USA departures, where you will have to go thru Aruba Immigration, security checkpoint, US Customs, more security and then wind up at your gate.
    IMO, you have too little time or it will be incredibly close.
    If it is on a Fri, Sat or Sun, it might be impossible.
    DELTA does KNOW that 3 hours lead time at the Aruba Airport is what the Airport recommends for USA departures. Was the entire booking done thru Delta?
    See if you can get an earlier flight from Bonaire.

I hope that someone else may have better information than I.

Quote Originally Posted by xenna View Post
    Hi to all. This is the first time that I will be going to the airport in Aruba and need some help/advice. We are going to Bonaire and have a delta flight from Atlanta to Aruba. The flights from Aruba to Bonaire are Insel Air. Going down is not the problem it is coming back that we might encounter some problems. I have been reading this forum and researching through the posts and read alot about the custom lines causing problems. We will be arriving in Aruba from Bonaire (Curacao) flying Insel Air and the flight gets into Aruba at 1:15pm. Our Delta flight leaves Aruba going to Atlanta at 3:00pm, I am very concerned about the time giving us only 1hr and 45 min to get off plane, through customs and at our gate in time. Some people have said I will have no problem and others said it might be a tight squeeze. I called delta and they said I should have no problems and said if I did and missed the flight due to customs lines being to long then they would take care of us. Meaning they would provide a hotel room and change our flight with no charge. Does anyone have any insight to this or has this happened to anyone? If a person misses the plane due to lines at customs will the airline help like they said they would? Do the Delta representatives help pull their passengers through custom lines to get them on their flight? Thank you for any help. This is a great forum to read and have learned many things.

Ok. So I checked and I can get a earlier flight from Bonaire that leaves at 7:55am. UGH!. But the flight gets into Aruba at 9:45am. Then my flight leaves Aruba at 3pm so this should give me plenty of time now. It is only going to cost 25 dollars to change my Bonaire flight. Better than 200 Delta would charge to change my Atlanta flight and a hotel room for the night if I missed it. Thank you for mentioning the option of changing the Bonaire flight. I really wasn't thinking of the morning one because it left so early. The other flights would have been to late. I leave the first week in June so I will post when I get back of my experience at the Aruba airport.

Aruba since 1979

terrific.
    take a cab downtown for brunch to kill some time
    Quote Originally Posted by xenna View Post
    Ok. So I checked and I can get a earlier flight from Bonaire that leaves at 7:55am. UGH!. But the flight gets into Aruba at 9:45am. Then my flight leaves Aruba at 3pm so this should give me plenty of time now. It is only going to cost 25 dollars to change my Bonaire flight. Better than 200 Delta would charge to change my Atlanta flight and a hotel room for the night if I missed it. Thank you for mentioning the option of changing the Bonaire flight. I really wasn't thinking of the morning one because it left so early. The other flights would have been to late. I leave the first week in June so I will post when I get back of my experience at the Aruba airport.

Sounds like you'll have a little shopping time too
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Its better to play it safe. I have flown Insel air a lot to Bonaire and Cur and a lot of times they are delayed so I think u made the right move.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Thanks. I feel better about making that decision also. Now I have plenty of time and possibly do some shopping as mentioned above. However, part of me doesn't want to leave the airport once I get there. LOL. It would be terrible to get back to late and miss my flight when I changed it to not miss it. In the future I will allow myself plenty of time in between flights.

Aruba since 1979
    For those that messaged me, this thread will remain in this airline category. Although not Aruba , it is related to Aruba airport.