Aruba Beach

Thread: Advice greatly appreciated, experience moving from USA

Advice greatly appreciated, experience moving from USA

I visited Aruba about 4 years ago and in 3 or 4 days I absolutely fell in love with the people, the places, the culture. I want to move there but it seems harder than I thought. I'll be spending the next year saving money and also reading these forums as much as possible. I would like experiences from other Americans that relocated and how they did it, and how the process went. Right now I'm a retail manager, but I also have experience in Insurance/financial services industry. I'd be willing to work in a major hotel chain and move into management there if that were possible. I hope to make good friends here in the forum and I should be in Aruba as soon as I can.

I think your first step is to see if you could get a job at a hotel. That would make your move here much easier because they would handle your worker's permit and would probably offer housing assistance.

As for moving here. I love living in Aruba. Unfortunately due to my parent's ill heath, I am forced to have to move back to the US. We are very heartbroken about this and if were up to us, we'd live here forever.

But like I said before - see what opening are there for you at the hotel. It's your best bet to getting a work permit here. If you just come here w/o a job - it's much harder because they have to give Arubans a priority for job placement. Also most jobs that are directly dealing with the public requires that you speak (all or some) English, Papimento, Dutch and Spanish.

Good luck!

Aruba since 1979
    FAQ's: Jobs/Moving/Living/Business in Aruba

many of your questions can be answered by reading this thread