Aruba Beach

Thread: Advise real estate lawyers from Aruba

Advise real estate lawyers from Aruba

I want to get out of my P&S with a buyer of my house .They never deposited there 20% on the specified date. The Notary wants me to pay for fees if the sale go's through, example transfer fees related to the sale, 9,000 florins. I was told by many realtors that I'm just responsible for the realtor commission. I'm suppose to sign closing on Monday this isn't going to happen . Your Comments please
    Last edited by turo11; 06-23-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Selling a home in Aruba "Seller beware" very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by turo11 View Post
    I want to get out of my P&S with a buyer of my house .They never deposited there 20% on the specified date. The Notary wants me to pay for fees if the sale go's through, example transfer fees related to the sale, 9,000 florins. I was told by many realtors that I'm just responsible for the realtor commission. I'm suppose to sign closing on Monday this isn't going to happen . Your Comments please
    Ok! My power of attorney didn't show up for the closing.

Now What?? Talking to the notory thats suppose to represent the parties is at times very trying to get a straight answer.I thought the government regulated these people .Come to find out they are all individual businesses . I tried to contact a lawyer for representation its like pulling teeth,to get someone to reply .

legal representation

Quote Originally Posted by turo11 View Post
    Ok! My power of attorney didn't show up for the closing.

Now What?? Talking to the notory thats suppose to represent the parties is at times very trying to get a straight answer.I thought the government regulated these people .Come to find out they are all individual businesses . I tried to contact a lawyer for representation its like pulling teeth,to get someone to reply .
    I actually got a reply from a lawyer on the island. Through email I gave him a brief description of what was going on. I followed up . I asked if he could help and if I had a leg to stand on.He sent me a formal letter wanting to charge me $3000.00 and $275.00 ph and this is all without his opinon .(lol)

Tell me about it!!! Even with recommendations you are taking a crap shoot at a good one

I'm assuming there's a clause in your agreement of purchase and sale outlining the terms of deposit (amount and date). If the purchaser didn't abide by the terms, the offer is voided. And, thus, you're not closing the property so I'm not sure why the notary is looking to you for fees unless there was legal work done to facilitate closing on your part and that would have been outlined to you prior (with associated fees) and signed off. Did that happen?
    Last edited by act1966; 11-19-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    this thread is over 2 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    this thread is over 2 years old
    Yikes! It just popped up today in "New Posts"! Guess it's too late!

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    Wether it's two yrs old or not, it's pretty indicative of the sheer lunacy of doing business in that country. From a burger flipper to the heads of govt; seems like being near teh Equator fried everyone's brain

Quote Originally Posted by cubella59 View Post
    Wether it's two yrs old or not, it's pretty indicative of the sheer lunacy of doing business in that country. From a burger flipper to the heads of govt; seems like being near teh Equator fried everyone's brain
    Hmmm. We've had a pretty positive experience both times when purchasing so not sure I'd agree.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed......many have had very positive experiences.

recommendations to those that are thinking of buying.......you may want to rent here for as long as you can to get a full taste of island living and the slow and very different ways things are done. i had a conversation today with a resident who has been to hell and back for the past few months trying to establish a 2nd checking account.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Hmmm. We've had a pretty positive experience both times when purchasing so not sure I'd agree.