Aruba Beach

Thread: anyone need an automotive machinist/engine builder

anyone need an automotive machinist/engine builder

I am 60 years old, my wife is retired and I am looking for a position in the performance automotive field in the Caribbean. We visited Aruba on a cruise last year and of all the places we have been, Aruba is by far the best.
    I am the current owner of Automotive Machine & Performance in Philpot, KY. USA. We currently machine, port and flow heads, assemble and dyno tune American V-8 engines. I would like to find someone that would need my services and experience for some sort of race team, land or sea.
    I would consider selling or moving my entire operation.
    I know this is a dream but you can never achieve one without trying.

I know for sure it's needed. Could you move it here? Don't know -
    think you'd have to contact an Aruban attorney on that one.

If you need a name PM me or i'm sure someone on the board
    might know someone.

I doubt very much whether or not you would be able to get a work permit. The government does not generally give out work permits to foreigners your age, or for that matter, at any age. You would be better off contacting a company that does the paper work for people seeking such permits to see what your chances would be.

i ? anything about moving there..

just returned from Aruba for 12 days.We too would like to move there..We talked to a half a dozen people living in aruba that ARE NOT ARUBAN and not Dutch nor are they married to a local.One moved there from Columbia 13 years ago,another from Singapore and another from central america.All went there on vacation and stayed.None own a business one works as a pool man,the other a bartender and one a rental car agency.None have personal ties to aruba..but i can spend a couple hundred thousand for a house or condo and only live there 6 months,somethings wrong w/ that.. like to hear other peoples thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by islander2b View Post
    just returned from Aruba for 12 days.We too would like to move there..We talked to a half a dozen people living in aruba that ARE NOT ARUBAN and not Dutch nor are they married to a local.One moved there from Columbia 13 years ago,another from Singapore and another from central america.All went there on vacation and stayed.None own a business one works as a pool man,the other a bartender and one a rental car agency.None have personal ties to aruba..but i can spend a couple hundred thousand for a house or condo and only live there 6 months,somethings wrong w/ that.. like to hear other peoples thoughts...
    You may apply for permanent residency

Applying for Residency

http://www.arubachamber.com/relocation.htm scroll down to "permit" section