Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tom and Stanley

Thread: Anyone Upgrading / Selling their Car on the Island ?

Anyone Upgrading / Selling their Car on the Island ?

After a tiring and sadly unproductive few days looking at used cars on the island thought I would see if any Forum Users might be in the process of upgrading or selling their car.

We are looking for anything small to mid sized 2004 - 2010 in reasonable condition from the main manufacturers cars found on the island preferably with a reasonable service history.

Budget is a bit of an issue, but if anyone has a car that fits the bill could they PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

You may want to check at the Dutch Marine Base near San Nicolas. The troops there move in and out and there maybe a nice car for sale at a reasonable price. I am not sure how to find out, but if you stopped by the Main Gate, I am sure someone can help you. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    After a tiring and sadly unproductive few days looking at used cars on the island thought I would see if any Forum Users might be in the process of upgrading or selling their car.

We are looking for anything small to mid sized 2004 - 2010 in reasonable condition from the main manufacturers cars found on the island preferably with a reasonable service history.

Budget is a bit of an issue, but if anyone has a car that fits the bill could they PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

When do you need to take ownership. I will be selling mine but not right away

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    You may want to check at the Dutch Marine Base near San Nicolas. The troops there move in and out and there maybe a nice car for sale at a reasonable price. I am not sure how to find out, but if you stopped by the Main Gate, I am sure someone can help you. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)
    Many thanks (to both of you !!)... Will take a look down there next time I am in Saveneta. Makes good sense that they would have a regular turnaround on their cars. Appreciate the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    When do you need to take ownership. I will be selling mine but not right away
    Really need to get something in the next month or so really. When are you thinking of selling your car ? If in the next month or two, can you post or PM me some details.

Many thanks

Mick
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 12-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Hi all

Just wanted to thank everone for their kind advice regarding used car buying. We eventually found a little lowish mileage runaround via one of the websites (4Sale.com) here in Aruba. Its no easy process here as a lot of people simply put a "For Sale" advert in their windscreens (windshields) of their cars with a telephone number (very few with prices !!). Many of the older cars (over 5 years) don't have formal service histories either as many people get their cars serviced (and I use the term loosely) by friends or do it themselves so consequently its difficult to know whether a car has been looked after properly.

We simply drew up a short list from cars we saw on the street and from cars online or in local publications and started ringing round. A number of cars purporting be in good condition definitely were not but thats the same everywhere !! We got there in the end. We looked at some of the used car dealers too (Stern etc) but found the prices 25% - 40% more than the cars being sold privately. Some of the used car dealerships provided limited warranties for the sale of used cars, this might be worth the mark up compared to private sale and might be useful for some prospective buyers.

Anyway heres the is the list of useful websites that we got our initial pool of prospective vehicles from before whittling them down - Hope it helps:

http://4salemagazine.com/

http://www.autonan.com/

http://www.arubabuyers.com/

http://www.arubadeal.com/en
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 12-21-2014 at 03:26 PM.