Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By luvsun

Thread: Applying for a job, general question

Applying for a job, general question

Howdy all,

I have a question I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with. I am thinking about applying for an open librarian position at Xavier. Does anyone have any idea if that salary would be enough for me to support myself (just me)? They do not post a salary range, so I was just wondering if anyone had any idea about if it pays decently or not.

I know that qualified residents would be first in line, but one can always dream!

Also, I see the threads about moving cars, etc, but does anyone know about pets? Specifically cats?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
    Laura

Aruba since 1979
    xavier........are they specifically asking for an american?
    if not, chances for employment might be slim.
    salary? you will have to check with them directly.

remember, arubans, dutch citizens are the ones first considered.

language requirements might be Dutch, Spanish, English at a minimum

cat transportation
    easy!!

AA and JB and Us Air will allow transp in soft sided carriers.......kittys are carry on and fit under the seat.

airlines have their own requirements re: health certificates.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

QUOTE=LibrarianNerd;228866]Howdy all,

I have a question I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with. I am thinking about applying for an open librarian position at Xavier. Does anyone have any idea if that salary would be enough for me to support myself (just me)? They do not post a salary range, so I was just wondering if anyone had any idea about if it pays decently or not.

I know that qualified residents would be first in line, but one can always dream!

Also, I see the threads about moving cars, etc, but does anyone know about pets? Specifically cats?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
    Laura[/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrea!

I realize the chances are slim, but it was advertised on the American Library Association website, and, heck, I definitely will not get it if I don't try.

Here is what is posted:
    Librarian with Master Library and Information Science degree to run Medical School library including on-line data bases, study materials, copy-cataloging and maintenance/ expansion of current collections. Will assist students and faculty in utilizing databases and conducting searches. Oversee student workers and supervise reserve materials.Knowledge of medical terminology a plus. Strong computer skills a must. New graduates welcome.
    This position is located in beautiful Aruba, a great place to work and live. Full time with benefits. Compensation based upon experience.

A girl can dream ...

Aruba since 1979
    pursue those dreams laura and keep us in the loop

so, they are looking to hire outside of aruba.
    that is a start!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LibrarianNerd View Post
    Thanks Andrea!

I realize the chances are slim, but it was advertised on the American Library Association website, and, heck, I definitely will not get it if I don't try.

Here is what is posted:
    Librarian with Master Library and Information Science degree to run Medical School library including on-line data bases, study materials, copy-cataloging and maintenance/ expansion of current collections. Will assist students and faculty in utilizing databases and conducting searches. Oversee student workers and supervise reserve materials.Knowledge of medical terminology a plus. Strong computer skills a must. New graduates welcome.
    This position is located in beautiful Aruba, a great place to work and live. Full time with benefits. Compensation based upon experience.

A girl can dream ...

Aruba since 1979
    Cost of living
    this might be of interest.
    click above link.

Dreams do come true....give it a try!
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

they sure do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Laura,

By all means pursue your Aruba dream. It's a tremendous opportunity.

Many of us here wish we had both the opportunity and the courage to pursue something like that.

Please let us know how you make out.

All the very best,

Glenn

Winnipeg, Canada