Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba ID Card / Personal ID number

Aruba ID Card / Personal ID number

Is there a benefit in getting an Aruba ID car / Personal ID Number?

So far, I have not needed this card to build a home or open a bank account. Several of my new friends in Aruba tell me that this will entitle the holder to get "Local Pricing". Does anyone have any experience with this card and local pricing?

On my last trip several weeks ago, we did get local pricing for a massage and at a jewelry store. We saved much money on the massage as the regular price was $100.00 US dollars and the local price was 100 flourins. We did not ask for the local price as it was brought to our attention by the merchants after it came up in a conversation that we just finished building our home.

Regards,

Aruba since 1979
    is there a charge to get the local id card?
    if the charge is not high, i personally would opt for it.
    heck you saved a few dollars on the massage.....and think of all of the other possible price discounts too.

we have aruban friends and have dined with them a few times at a few local restaurants. there apparently are prices for residents and then prices for everyone else......at SOME places.

so if the cost of the card will pay foritself i n a few uses, i would say go for it.

maybe tom/karen orlizzardo or tom/pam or san nic can enlighten us?
    i think lizzardo i the only one that is year round resident though.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Is there a benefit in getting an Aruba ID car / Personal ID Number?

So far, I have not needed this card to build a home or open a bank account. Several of my new friends in Aruba tell me that this will entitle the holder to get "Local Pricing". Does anyone have any experience with this card and local pricing?

On my last trip several weeks ago, we did get local pricing for a massage and at a jewelry store. We saved much money on the massage as the regular price was $100.00 US dollars and the local price was 100 flourins. We did not ask for the local price as it was brought to our attention by the merchants after it came up in a conversation that we just finished building our home.

Regards,

I know that the card is obtained at the tax office. They require that you bring your deed for your land/house and other forms of identification such as a water or electric bill.

Does anyone have a list of the places that do have local pricing?

Regards,

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    You have a PM

I always ask if there is a local rate. We carry a copy of the notary statement & a utility bill. Both have our name & address. That has been sufficient so far.

We get local rate at Divi Golf, some massage places, Depalm Island. We have not been to new water park, but I think we get discount there. Usual discounts are as you said - pay the amount in AFL instead of dollar.

Divi Golf (you need to apply for a free idenity card there) used to let anyone staying with us get the discount also. At this point, it only applies to us. Depalm Island let us apply the discount to our grand daughter, but not to friends staying with us.

Anyone know of any ogther business that has local pricing, please post.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Yes it would be appreciated if you would pass along were to get the ID cards as I was looking overr the Depalm web site and they had it posted the 3 forms of ID that they excepted for the local discount. I hadalso heard of the golf discount at DIVI.
    I guess is it just acase that I take my Tax bill to the tax office and they will issue myself and My wife an I D card.
    Any info would be much appreciated
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

When we went to Deplam, we showed our Mighigan drivers license (or something with a photo), the notary paper for our house purchase, and an electric/water bill. I told them our name was also listed in the phone book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Norman Paperman View Post
    Yes it would be appreciated if you would pass along were to get the ID cards as I was looking overr the Depalm web site and they had it posted the 3 forms of ID that they excepted for the local discount. I hadalso heard of the golf discount at DIVI.
    I guess is it just acase that I take my Tax bill to the tax office and they will issue myself and My wife an I D card.
    Any info would be much appreciated
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

just curious, and this is probably a dumb question, but there are tons of people that own a timeshare in aruba, ( I'm not one, yet ), isn't that techinally owning a shared time property of aruba? are all these people entiled to get one of these cards ? Like i said a dumb question, but if they are shouldn't they be informed of such ?

It is my understanding that timeshares are not included as it must be a home that is built on your own land or if you own a condo.

I haven't heard of an ID you get at the tax office. I know you can get a census card but I believe you have to show your residency papers to get one. You
    also have to have residency papers to get an Aruba Drivers License. The
    notary can give you a letter if you own a house stating you own it.

I have had to show my residency papers in order to get a local discount
    for some places but most places really are picky about what you show
    them for documentation you live here. We went on a total run around
    in order to start a bank account - they want letters from your bank
    and a bunch of stuff. But that's an entirely different thread! LOL!

If you could provide me more information about what the tax office
    gives you - I can see if I can find out more information.

The timeshare thing is "partial ownership" and I don't think that
    would qualify you for anything as far as the government is concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast