Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba Passport

Aruba Passport

My father in law was born in Aruba and left to live in Europe (U.K.) in 1960. He is now 67 and wants to go "Home" to retire. He no longer has his Aruban passport or a copy of his birth certificate.

Does anyone know what he would need to do to obtain a copy of his passport in Aruba ?

If he returned how much would it cost per month for him to obtain state medical cover etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>>> "to live in Europe (U.K.)"
    ----- Would recommend he go to the Dutch Embassy in the U.K. to find out what he needs to get a Passport.

If he can still read dutch or papimento - he could look at the
    immigration website (DIMAS)

http://www.dimasaruba.com/

Thanks for the prompt replies. His Dutch and Papiamento is rusty to say the least !! Iwill email the Dutch Embassy but doesn't Aruba deal with all its own 'internal' affairs now except 'security'. Appreciate the pointers in the right direction...

Well it's kinda strange - in order to get an Aruban/Dutch passport - you have to take the test in dutch ( the official language of Aruba) and not sure if it has questions about Dutch history/law or Aruban history/law - Not even
    sure if there is an Aruban passport - looking at the website below
    looks like it's dutch. Which does make sense because it is part
    of the Netherlands ...

You might want to try the governor of Aruba - that does have info
    about it -

http://www.kabga.aw/en/index.php?page=nederlanderschap7

Thanks Tom and Lizzardo.
    I had thought it would be a far simpler process as he was born in Aruba and had an Aruba passport until it expired. Hoped that he would simply be able to renew the passport rather than apply to be a national again. Have looked at the links that you have posted and will send off a few emails. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Many Thanks

[IMG]file:///H:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Elephant.gif[/IMG]