Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ArubaShanty

Thread: Aruban possibly returning home

Aruban possibly returning home

Hi y'all! So i am Aruban by birth, but lived for almost 20 years in the USA. I am dual US/ Dutch national. For the last decade or so I've been in the ESL field throughout various Asian countries. Now with a BA in political science and a Masters in Diplomacy, i am trying to see what the heck to do with my life in a few years time. The thought about returning to my birthland and helping care for some of my ageing relatives is drawing me back home...not interested in anything tourism related (worked in hospitality back in Florida and know that ain't my field) so just curious what else is out there?

Asking here since i haven't yet mentioned my plans to my relatives. T.i.a

Aruba since 1979
    something government related would be of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaShanty View Post
    Hi y'all! So i am Aruban by birth, but lived for almost 20 years in the USA. I am dual US/ Dutch national. For the last decade or so I've been in the ESL field throughout various Asian countries. Now with a BA in political science and a Masters in Diplomacy, i am trying to see what the heck to do with my life in a few years time. The thought about returning to my birthland and helping care for some of my ageing relatives is drawing me back home...not interested in anything tourism related (worked in hospitality back in Florida and know that ain't my field) so just curious what else is out there?

Asking here since i haven't yet mentioned my plans to my relatives. T.i.a

How exciting!! Let us know what happens along your journey!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

teaching?

Property manager? There seems to be a need for good property managers in Aruba.

Depending on if you have a good understanding of Dutch or not, you can check with maybe a job in government here or the Netherlands. You could even run for the European Parliament Otherwise, there aren't many jobs on the island suited for those degrees. I should know, I also have a degree in the field. Have you considered maybe teaching? I know the University of Aruba has a Governance faculty.