Please know the facts about Tierra del Sol before you decide to purchase a new home there. The owners and management of TDS have blatantly lied in the press about both the progress AND happiness of homeonwers who have recently purchased there.
Despite David Brown's assertion that "most" of the Las Palmas community has moved in and are enjoying their purchases, nothing can be further from the truth. Here are the facts:
- only 14 of 28 honmeowners have actually closed their real estate transactions - fewer than this have moved in
- keep in mind, these homes / condos were purchased upwards to 5 years ago with promises of being completed within 12-18 months.
- TDS has pulled virtually all the labour off 8 units that are far from being completed, and they say it will be March 2010 the earliest when they are done (in Aruba years . . . this is likely September . . . almost 6 years since being purchased)
- the infrastructure of TDS is not completed - street lights are not in and there are serious problems with the electrical related to the street lights. House numbers are not in and I recently heard of a visitor who spent over 3 hours past midnight trying to locate the home they were staying at . . . and TDS could care less.
- the "punch list" as they call it (the items that are either not completed or there are quality issues with) number up to 50 - 60 for many of the homeowners and according to homeowners, TDS will not provide any commitment to "if or when" these will be completed.
Over 100 homeowners have banded together to seek legal counsel and intend on launching a law suit against Tierra Del Sol . . . TDS has even changed the master declaration of the community without any regard for the homeowners and are now raising the annual association fees by 60% in one year without any change to services or accountability - there is also some concern over capital reserve funds which TDS refuses to account for to the homeonwers -
Don't take this posters word for it - just go over to TDS and speak with ANY of the homeonwers there . . . particularly in the Moramar and Las Palmas developments - they are NOT HAPPY!
Do not trust what anyone at Tierra Del Sol says about buying a new home there - buyer beware!