Aruba Beach

Thread: Cargo and customs

Cargo and customs

How long does it take for customs to go through your cargo (furniture-car) before they release it?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    How long does it take for customs to go through your cargo (furniture-car) before they release it?
    From our experience, it wasn't all that long. The container was delivered to our house and we could not break the seal and start unloading until a customs agent was present and told us to go ahead.

Once we opened the container, the agent just stood and watched us unload and asked us only a couple of questions about our things. They had particular interest in the two sets of mattresses wanting to know if they were new or used. They didn't physically touch anything - only stood and watched. They were there for about 15 minutes and then left. Surprisingly easier than we anticipated.

We didn't ship a car, so can't speak to that, but the rest was a "non-event".

Good luck!

Great! I had thoughts of being without everything for weeks.
    Thanks..

No, it actually took about 4 days, though, to get the container delivered to the house. We timed our trip down accordingly so we wouldn't have too long to wait, and we made arrangements to stay elsewhere for several nights. We're glad we did and it worked out well for us.

Do you have a customs broker in Aruba? They are extremely helpful in getting your things through customs, and worth their weight in gold! If not and you would like more info, please feel free to pm me.

Thanks EHampite, we do have someone on both ends helping us. Appreciate the info.
    We're hoping to time ours so it works out that we aren't without very long. The house we are renting is semi furnished until we get our things, so that will help a lot.

You're welcome ... and good luck!

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    Whenever I ship anything to my home in Aruba, it leaves Miami on a container Fridays, arrives in Aruba on Wed, and my agent, Pablito with PSS Cargo, has it at my house on Friday. It's fairly painless except for the duties...