Aruba Beach

Thread: Community Living?

Community Living?

Hi. I'm new here. Am thinking about moving to Aruba though it's still pie-in-the-sky-time, here.

I'm retired and, right now, I live in a retirement community in Florida, US -- the retirement community of the world, it seems. I find I love living in a small [300+ homes] community where many people know each other and we all look out for each other. We arrange community activities [pot-luck dinners, card-playing nights, seasonal parties on occasion, etc.]

So - does anyone here know of communities similar to that in Aruba?

Aruba has some developments but as far as communities like Florida - it's a little different. Aruba is much friendlier than Florida as I have just moved to Fla from living in Aruba full time for 5 years. People in Aruba are so friendly and welcoming that if you are friendly and nice, you'll have no trouble finding that type of living in Aruba. Hospitality and friendliness is part of the culture there. I miss it there so much!

thanks, lizzardo.
    that's great to hear. my problem is: I'm a hermit of the first order. I tend to stay home unless there's a ready-made community outside my door. even then, it doesn't come naturally.
    well, I guess, if I do move there, I'll just have to learn to bestir myself, huh?
    **sigh**