Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cost of living in Aruba for a couple with a 5 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Wow... that does seem like it is high. For my home in Aruba, I average $100.00 per month for water. That is with irrigation set for 30 minutes each day for landscaping and trees.

Hi...is your home occupied most of the time? We have pools at each Villa and they do require topping up due to the evaporation that happens due to the heat and sun

aq

No pool here. (Not yet anyway). I guess that would consume a lot of water due to evaporation. Our home is occupied about half of the year but the water consumption doesn't increase that much. The $100.00 per month is an average for the entire year. We had bills as low as $35.00 for the month and as high as $200.00 for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi...is your home occupied most of the time? We have pools at each Villa and they do require topping up due to the evaporation that happens due to the heat and sun

aq

Aruba since 1979
    hi simona

i have a friend who sent me this message re: your cost of living questions (she does not post to social media)

here is her reply:

I saw the forum post about living costs....aqua man needs to put a lock on his meter.

We average afl40 for water and afl 525 for electric....that includes the AC (inverters) running 24/7 in the bedrooms.

We spend about $250 at Lings per week. We eat in, maybe take away from the local place down the street once a week.

Child care is expensive and their kiddo will probably need the International school...check the website for prices.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonaV View Post
    Hello everyone,
    things are moving for us so hopefully next year this time I will be posting from the island
    I was wondering if anyone would like to share ideas about cost of living in Aruba .We are looking to know more about this because some say it is not as expensive as in Canada but some others say that is has become quite expensive.
    We are in our late 30ies and we have 5 year old son and some pets.We don't go out too much maybe once or twice a week and we are looking to have a nice decent life nothing extravagant here.
    Any thoughts are appreciated,
    Thank you
    Simona

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12