Aruba Beach

Thread: crazy immigration policy

crazy immigration policy

I'm in the same situation of many dutch and europeans citizens: in the 2007 i had to leave the island because my 180 days were over. And i never came back to spend one penny......
    This is crazy: i was there just to spend my money earned in another country (not for working and "stealing" jobs, with my own medical insurance....).Really i do not understand this policy.
    Already back in 2007 all the people were telling me:wait until the new government because they will change the rules.
    Ok now let's see if they have learned from the past.
    Unfortunately i doubt!
    By the way it's full of places better than aruba,more friendly, more safe and cheaper were in this 3 years i left my money.

Like every government you will not make everyone happy. I do agree with there strict policy concerning working and living on the island and protecting jobs for the locals. The unemployment on the island has been very low over the years but the recent world enconomy crisis and closing of the refinery has forced them to be more strict with work and resident permits. There is a process to stay longer on the island and involves paperwork, $$ and lots of time if you meet the requirements ( resident permits, work permits etc...) I wish the US would adopt some of these strict policy's and immigration guidlines but this is jmop. Why concern yourself or get upset when you have found so many places better than aruba that are more friendly, safer and cheaper.

One of the "more interesting" policies they have is if you apply for residency - you
    have to put down a deposit which would be used to fly you back home (and I guess
    they decided to kick you off the island)

I agree with Mark 68, if you found something better than Aruba go for it, I personally do not think there is a better island, or any island with less restrictions.

Every country needs and wants to save the jobs for there people who alredy live in the country, and for a small island like Aruba, not many people can pick up and ;eave, like you could in the US, United Kingdom, Europe, and go to nearby States or Countries.

I hope you do find something.

I think You do not understand the point....I'm not talking about working (or "stealing" jobs) but just stay there and spend money, which for sure will help the economy of the island (think bigger of course, i mean not only me...).
    As for better place, at the moment i'm living in the middle east (since i "left"-better say forced to leave- aruba), and if they are not going to change their policy i think i will move in thailand.
    Do not misunderstand me: i love aruba and i would come back but if i'm not welcomed, if i'm not feeling as at home because they can expel me after 180 days.......What should i do?Find a better place.
    I also lived two years in the french side of St.Martin where i can live (as european citizen)without any permits but aruba was my loved one.

All i can add to this is JUST ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

Why all fuss... why don't you just go visit another island for one day and then come back for another six months? If you don't want to leave the island every six months then just apply for permanent residency, Aruba is not the only country to do that most countries do....

Is not that easy......you have 180 days a year the year starting your first day of entry. So all you can do is six months in and six months out.
    Here in middle east i'm doing the same: one month in, back to the border and again in for one month: very easy.I can also apply for a visa of 3 months:it will take 5 working days!No limits of stay

Quote Originally Posted by plib View Post
    Is not that easy......you have 180 days a year the year starting your first day of entry. So all you can do is six months in and six months out.....
    Oh! I see.
    Thanks I didn't know it was applied like that.