Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do they not seperate garbage for recycling in Aruba?

they don't recycle...nothing that evens come close to asking you to separate your cans, etc....as far as batteries, I asked a store if they take the old ones and they looked at me like i was silly for even asking. At that point i knew i was silly!
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    they don't recycle...nothing that evens come close to asking you to separate your cans, etc....as far as batteries, I asked a store if they take the old ones and they looked at me like i was silly for even asking. At that point i knew i was silly!
    That's what I thought. I guess throwing all household garbage in the same container isn't so bad especially if Aruba has a method for separating and or recycling it after they collect it.

One would think that batteries and other things would be different story. Anyway, we could always just bring our dead batteries back to the states(or where ever we live) to recycle them.

With South America (Brazil and Venezuela) being so close, you would think that the Island could actually make money shipping and selling recycled metals and paper. (even batteries)

Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    With South America (Brazil and Venezuela) being so close, you would think that the Island could actually make money shipping and selling recycled metals and paper. (even batteries)
    Unfortunately the cost of shipping the product, even if you built a processing facility in Aruba, would maybe be prohibitive? If not sounds like a good business to go into if you have the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Unfortunately the cost of shipping the product, even if you built a processing facility in Aruba, would maybe be prohibitive? If not sounds like a good business to go into if you have the capital.

If Aruba made recycling mandatory and most of it was already separated, then all they would have to do is ship it 15 miles to Venezuela. They could start mandatory recycling with the hotels and resorts which produce most of the islands waste. I'm sure someone in Aruba has considered this already.

Don't know. Everyone has always told me that everything in Aruba is expensive because it has to be brought in by ship. Logically you would think it would work the opposite direction as well? Expensive to ship out. Even more if there is an export duty.

Maybe it is something that the Aruban government should implement? Require citizens to recycle by law and subsidize the expense?

" You'll need $500,000 for a small shack on the west side of the island. "....What's wrong with the west side...that's where Malmok, Arashi, Eagle and Palm Beaches, Savaneta etc are all located. I wasn't aware the west side of the island was the slum side

Divi time shares do not recycle anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
    Divi time shares do not recycle anything.

Just your money (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I wasn't aware the west side of the island was the slum side
    It's not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12