Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dual Citizenship

Dual Citizenship

Hi, I plan on getting dual citizenship in Aruba and I need to know everything about it,
    does it cost money, how old do you need to be, do they allow dual citizenship, do you have to travel there to get it, do you have to take a test, and all other info on it. Please Help.

Aruba since 1979
    if there was/is a way.............you are behind ME in line

i suppose DIMAS is a place to start.

i have dual citizenship in ireland.
    it entitles me to..........nothing.

Does anyone know if Aruba allows dual citizenship with the U.S.

Aruba since 1979
    contact aruba immigration DIMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyzer View Post
    Does anyone know if Aruba allows dual citizenship with the U.S.

Aruba is tiny, it is very difficult to become an Aruban from what I understand

Check into Dimas as Andrea mentioned. Lots of extra cash will help the process. It is a difficult and very expensive process for most people to go thru. That said, most individuals from the US spend a portion of the year in Aruba and the rest at home so they never really need duel citizenship.

There are a lot of Americans who have managed to move to Aruba for half the year or even full time. It's a long drawn out process but all worth it in the end.

Aruba since 1979
    There are indeed. Many of them establish residency. I do wonder if Aruba has a dual citizenship plan. DIMAS will have the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    There are a lot of Americans who have managed to move to Aruba for half the year or even full time. It's a long drawn out process but all worth it in the end.

Good question? I read somewhere that in order to become a citizen of Aruba/Kingdom of the Netherlands, applicants must be proficient in speaking and comprehending Dutch. A proposal had been submitted by the local assemblies of Aruba, Curacao and St. Martin to have a proficiency in English as the main language requirement for citizenship.

I really do not see Aruba having to resort to citizenship by investment like what some islands in the Caribbean are doing( Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kits and Nevis).

If the option to reside on Aruba does present itself I will most likely opt for spending six months on(July/August to December/January) and six months off(January/February to June/July).

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    This petition was on Change.org a few days ago.

Since I was 2 years old I've lived on Aruba. 20 years later and I still don't have the Dutch nationality/Aruban citizenship.
    When we arrived, my family remained illegal for 7 years, until in 2003 me and my family received our first permits.
    But even with 13 years of legality on the island, the government doesn't want to recognize my right to the Aruban citizenship.
    The government has done all that it can to sporadically hand out permits, leaving me with many gaps in my legal residence, which makes it impossible to meet the requirement of 5 years legal residence (with no gaps) to apply for the Dutch citizenship.

Even now, when I have asked numerous people inside of the government for help, including the prime minister, Mike Eman, the minister of integration & infrastructure, Benny Zievinger, and the minister of education, Michelle Hooyboer-Winklaar,
    it seems like none of them are interested in my plight or are powerless to affect any kind of change in this situation for me.

While simultaneously being at the nexus of this bureaucratic entanglement and representing Aruba abroad for people that have never heard of this tiny island, I have come to realize that it is not only me whom is in this mess, but this is a structural problem that many peoples face, especially those coming from the Latin American countries.

This isn't important for me just because of the symbolic solving of my Other,
    at the center of this problem is a human rights issue which is being abused by the Aruban government, whom leaves many people deserted and thirsting for education.

I received a grant from the ArtEZ Institute of the Arts in Arnhem, The Netherlands amounting to 50.000 Aruban Florins because the institution recognized my artistic talent and wants me to study there. But it is not possible for me at this moment because as a Venezuelan national I have to pay exorbitant tuition fees, as well as having to finance my 4 year stay in The Netherlands independently, something that all other Aruban peoples don't have to do because of their Dutch nationality, which entitles them to the studiefinanciering and Arubalening. Student loans which aim to provide temporal support to those seeking to start or reinforce a career.

I got accepted by the ArtEZ last year, but was unable to begin my study.
    I requested an extension to my acceptance until 2017 which was approved,
    and this is why this is with such urgency.

As an artist, I strive to bring truth and peace to this world, in any way that I can, and I hope that with this petition I can inform the world about this problem and so that together we may show the government why this is important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast