Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By photosbyjulia

Thread: english medium primary school

english medium primary school

Hello everyone,
    I am relocating to oranjestad(aruba)
    my daughter is five and a half yr ,studying in English medium in India. are there any English medium school in oranjestad? The international school is very costly cant afford it. I want her to continue in English medium so that once she return to back from aruba after 5-6 yrs she will be not in a problem.
    Also my son is a yr old,are there creche available for him.Maid/nanny service for house will cost be how much.

Kindly guide me

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

we have several members from the usa, that send their children to schools where english is taught.
    i will direct them to this post to see if they will reply

as far as a maid/nanny........it is fairly inexpensive. but i do not know the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly05 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am relocating to oranjestad(aruba)
    my daughter is five and a half yr ,studying in English medium in India. are there any English medium school in oranjestad? The international school is very costly cant afford it. I want her to continue in English medium so that once she return to back from aruba after 5-6 yrs she will be not in a problem.
    Also my son is a yr old,are there creche available for him.Maid/nanny service for house will cost be how much.

Kindly guide me

Moving to Aruba

Hello and welcome to the forum and Aruba,
    I can not help you out with English speaking school as I personally relocated from Aruba to USA for a better education as you mentioned International School is beyond costly and I had no other way of getting my kids a better education. I thought of homeschooling but I know I would not comply as that is not my field as I had a full time job as photographer and a restaurant to welcome our dear customers.
    As far as Nanny/ live in is the way to go. It is cheaper and nice and a way the kids can also learn another language. You will need to ask around for someone who is willing to take care of young kids, clean and cook. I paid under $500 a month and well worth every penny at 8 hours a day and also made a great friend who my kids look up to...
    As far as creche look around for a school that speaks english and not Dutch as this will confuse your child. I know they had one in Noord by the big tooth dentist where I took my kids and they loved it as well and also Lilly Putters was my all time favorite for my two other children. She has a great staff and kids love it....
    Hope this info comes in handy. I will be in Aruba in October if you would like to meet and maybe I can help you out.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting angela!!!

Thanks Angela and Andrea,
    this was a nice information.....

Bon Bini to Aruba,

I believe that the English will be your home language and fully your responsibility while on Aruba. Your children are young enough to jump right into the multi-language education that Aruba offers, you'll be surprised how quickly they will learn Papiamento and Dutch. Although, just recently the Minister of Education introduced the addition of English to three schools on Aruba. I will see if I can find those for you. Angela is right about getting a Nanny/Maid for every penny that it is worth, but they usually only speak Spanish, although there are Jamaican's available here that speak English. There is a very strong Indian community on Aruba, I will get you a contact. Rgs, Julia

still waiting

I am still waiting to get some concrete information regarding english medium primary school,as i have to start my child's admission formalities very soon.
    If some one can connect me to indian community ,it will be very nice.
    thanks