Aruba Beach

Thread: English People who have Bought Homes in Aruba

English People who have Bought Homes in Aruba

Can anyone who has bought a home in Aruba,give me some advice,,, on procedure with Notary, getting mortgage with bank etc

We are coming over hopefully in first week in August to buy our home.

In the pool.
    Financing in Aruba is expensive for non-residents. You have to establish a bank relationship which can take a few weeks.

Are you planning on applying for residency (I.e. Are you moving to Aruba to live there year round)? That can be a multi year process. Or are you buying the home as an investment property that you'll rent out?

Are you using a real estate agent? A good one will advise you on how to navigate buying a home.

Hi, We are buying to rent out for 1 year, ten hopefully live in Aruba. Our friend Jan Falcone is our agent. We are hoping to use Johnson and Johnson Notary, I have herd they are helpfull and friendly. I understand between paying tax and notary fees, i can expect to pay around 6% of the house price, we buy for.... ????

Are you still looking for a house in Aruba?

Yes, Johnson is a family friend of ours and we are a client of his, he is very helpful and friendly indeed! You can always contact him at!contact/cce3 for any questions you have.

BTW There are also some very good Aruba Real Estate websites with information about the procedure with a notary, getting a mortgage, and all the FAQs.
    Also to search for any listings etc. Hope this helps and good luck finding your new home