Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everything is set....

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I am in aw of your exciting opportunity in aruba. How exciting is that to get a teachers job !!! Please do keep us posted. My daughter got a kick out of someone teaching physics in aruba, she's got a 97 in the subject right now...anyway, best wishes on an exciting adventure ! cindyo

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I am in aw of your exciting opportunity in aruba. How exciting is that to get a teachers job !!! Please do keep us posted. My daughter got a kick out of someone teaching physics in aruba, she's got a 97 in the subject right now...anyway, best wishes on an exciting adventure ! cindyo
    Thank you so much! I will definitely keep everyone posted on these forums as much as I can. The funny thing is I am have never taught physics!!! I have about 12 credits in physics but the course I will be teaching is a basic Intro to Physics course so I'm not too nervous. My real passion is teaching math (I know that sounds weird) especially Calculus and Statistics (I know that sounds even weirder). Tell your daughter to keep up the good work! With great sacrifice comes great reward!!!

~Ryan

All I can say is to enjoy your time on Aruba,and have a great time teaching.You will love Aruba and the people that live there.Does your class have sand and water or chairs and a black board?You are so lucky.ENJOY

Hi ollockr,

I'll be moving to Aruba at the end of August to teach, too. I noticed that you will be renting a house between Palm Beach & Noord. I am considering renting a small house in that vicinity, also. Given that it is a small island, might you be renting one of those cluster of four houses?

Also, I noticed your sailing picture on your profile. Do you sail? I am an avid sailor and plan to sail lots while in Aruba. Haven't figured out where or with whom yet.

On my last visit I noticed that PriceSmart (Costco here) had really nice sheets at a reasonable price. They were Hotel brand and the price was about the same as in Canada. They may not have them now of course. Their towels are also quite decent.
    Stella

congratulations on your move.
    One thing that is expensive on the island is computers. Other than that, it might help to have more info from you. Things like is your house furnished?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12