Aruba Beach

Thread: Extended stay Aruba please read

Extended stay Aruba please read

Hey everyone. My name is josh and im 23. i have recently finished my job and am headed to Aruba to get away and clear my mind for my next journey in life. I wanna stay in Aruba for at least a few months more like 6 or longer if possible. I dont know anyone there and am really just making the choice to go and hopefully things work out. I would like to work just doing some hired help type work bartending, anything. Is that possible? I need a place to stay though and figure i will start at a hotel but where can i find someone looking for a roommate or just live with locals, anything really thats cheaper than a hotel. Im completely capable of anything and willing to help anyone that helps me any way i can. Can someone shed some light on me? I need an Aruban journey to clear my head before i go back to the United States and Vermont so if anyone can guide me i will be forever grateful.

Josh, look through some of the posts. Jobs for non-Arubans are difficult to come by. From another similar thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Jill,

I hear what you're saying. I live in Aruba 6 months of the year and have varied experiences there, mostly all good.

However, working in Aruba at this time will be very difficult unless you have a way to secure all the permits and things through the channels with plenty of help. I know of people waiting over a year and still don't have what they need. Also, the wage structure may not be what you're used to. There is plenty of work for electricians but getting hired will be tricky as you are an American.

Furthermore, don't sell the United States of America short. There are problems and you'll find similar problems in Aruba and some of them are much worse. This is an honest opinion, wrought through experience. It is unfair to put short snippets of these issues here but I would be happy to discuss them with you some day.

And living on an island is completely different than living on a continent. If you are getting cabin fever in the winter, you might likely suffer island fever in Aruba. Of course, in the beginning everything is new, but as time goes by it is less unique. And getting somewhere else become costly and returning with items you wanted even more costly.

Naturally I hope you find a comfortable spot in Aruba or anywhere else. Just remember that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence but you still have to mow it.

Sincerely,

Thanks for the quick reply post i appreciate it. So what about finding lodging? im bringing some money with me so can u direct me to find a place to live at least? thanks - josh

Try this link Josh. Some apts. go for $65.00 a night. Good luck!
    http://www.visitaruba.com/wheretostay/apartments/

SailAway

I'm in Vermont now and can completely understand why you want to leave.

I JoshVT, since you can do odd and ends job, even though it is hard for non Arubans to find job quick, I think for bartending go to Carlos&Charlie/Senor Frogs, they are always looking for some help if not full time but part time, also try De Palm Tours, as long as you are not picky. These 2 places are the names that the island is known for.