Aruba Beach

Thread: Faux Wood Blinds - Where to Buy?

Faux Wood Blinds - Where to Buy?

Does anyone know where we can purchase faux wood blinds in Aruba for a reasonable price? We need 10 blinds in various sizes. We can get a real good price here in New Jersey but the entire order is over 200lbs - the weight alone will cost a fortune to take on the plane.

Does the General Store or Kooymans sell blinds? I went to check on their websites but was unable to see if they sell blinds.

Thanks for the help....

Smile

Hi I don't know where you would be able to buy the blinds, our house came with regular curtains when we bought it. Maybe try The Jungle or The Teak House? they may be able to order although I know the Teak place can be a bit pricey. We will be on the island next week with lots of time on our hands so if I see any more options I will certainly let you know.

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    lean backer that is a great place to have it
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

we bought our blinds from Radco in Aruba They were good quality and cost about 1800 for 10. They had a very large selection.

Love Alto Vista chapel and the California light house!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Does anyone know where we can purchase faux wood blinds in Aruba for a reasonable price? We need 10 blinds in various sizes. We can get a real good price here in New Jersey but the entire order is over 200lbs - the weight alone will cost a fortune to take on the plane.

Does the General Store or Kooymans sell blinds? I went to check on their websites but was unable to see if they sell blinds.

Thanks for the help....
    Retagger...have you tried Retraco up in Tanki Leendert? They have a great selection and the service they offer is fantastic. Basically pop into the office and see the selection they have and make an appointment so they can take the measurements. In a short period of time they'll have them ready, delivered and installed. Please find below their detail:

Retraco
    Address: Tanki Leendert 112A
    Phone: (297) 583-6242 / (297) 582-6750
    Fax: (297) 583-7806

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Chris
    "Land of the rising smile"
    www.arubarainbowvilla.com

ash
    I highly recommend a really nice local lady, Elisabeth Lacle, of Y2K blinds who works out of the Teak House on LG Smith Blvd. She has a wide variety of choices. We got beautiful woven woods that have an elitical shape for some arched windows, but those weren't cheap. Well worth the price!! She also comes out and measures and brings samples to look at in your home and gives great design ideas.
    Also decorator Karin Martens from Het Binnenhuys has wooden blinds. Her shop is on Fergusstrasse near the Kooyman store across from VanDorp. She will come out to your house, too.