Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finance Options for Piece of Paradise

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Cool Think someone got it wrong

I am not an expert on Aruba, but is researching like crazy (since I bought a house there and plan to go ALOT for a long time)
    One thing that seems to confuse everyone is how long you are allowed to stay.
    The confusing seems to be coming from the FAQ on the Casbon site, which states "Visitors to Aruba need proof of identity and are allowed to stay up to 14 days. For citizens from countries like the United States and Canada, whose country has a visa abolition agreement with the Netherlands, the length of stay may be up to three months. Citizens of the Netherlands and Netherlands Antilles may stay on Aruba up to six months. "
    Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I can see on this PDF from the Immigration Department of Aruba, All visitors from US, Canadian and EU can stay up to 180 days !!!! of year without applying for an extension.
    http://brochures.aruba.com/entryreq/...quirements.pdf
    I could be misunderstanding something, but to me it looks like the good people of Casbon got it wrong or missed the changes of 2006.
    Please let me know if you disagree.
    If not it is great for me and you, so forget the Virgins

Casbon site has not been updated for years. If you own a home in Aruba and from the U.S you can stay up 180 day's in a calendar year. when you come into Aruba and you fill out your immigrations card it ask where and how long you will be staying in Aruba. In my case, I had to prove I owned Property, I had my notary papers with me.

Thanks for the info,180 days is better than 90...but still im looking to retire there and live there full time..Maybe things will ease up in the next 3 years and we can live there years around..We just love the island and the people and to be frank i have had it w/NY State..and need the move...

If you want to live there year round you have to appily for residency. this is a prosses and has to be done from the U.S. I am looking into it now, seems like a ordeal. they want to know you have no criminal record, medical history and most important you can support yourself, all your information from your bank. Alot of other things also T.B TEST AND SO ON.

If you buy an affordable house in Aruba, and have equity in your primary residance, you can take out a home equity loan. But the Aruba property, pay the equity loan

opening bank account

Have any of you folks opened bank accounts in Aruba? I have read what is required. Do they really want all these documents or just some and then your money. Any info appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madricharubabound View Post
    Have any of you folks opened bank accounts in Aruba? I have read what is required. Do they really want all these documents or just some and then your money. Any info appreciated.
    Thanks
    We opened an account at Aruba Bank when we bought our house. I don't know if it is required to have a bank account, but it is sure convenient for paying bills. I'm not happy with the fee ($30.00) to wire money to my account in Aruba.

I don't remember what we had to show for paperwork to the bank. Some of what we had was a letter from our attorney, letters of credit from 2 banks, proof of income. This may have changed since we opened our account almost 3 years ago.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Just opened with ArubaBank. Yes they are very restrictive when it comes to required documents, so make sure to supply everything.
    Only thing that they might be more easy on is that if you only use one bank, they probably will accept only one bank letter.
    Even when you have given them all the paperwork and signed another bunch of papers they will even want to know where deposits to the account will come from and also what how often and how big amounts .
    And then you have to wait several days for their commitiee to approve you.
    It seems crazy in a modern world that they need all this paperwork and signatures, but on the other hand they do it to limit criminal activities, so its ok for me, and only have to be done once.

Carsten

is it possible to move to aruba if you have a criminal record one charge for breach of the peace when i was 16 young and stupid or if you have any sort of criminal record is it just a down right no never wont happen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12