Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Found somewhere to stay not sure how to go about immigration

Found somewhere to stay not sure how to go about immigration

Hi guys, ok so I asked a while ago about spending 6 months in aruba and 6 in the uk. To cut a long story short we have found somewhere for next year and have decided we will do it for 3 months and start the 6 the year after. So now I'm not sure how to tackle immigration do I fly in as normal and try to extend once I'm in aruba or do I contact from the uk - proving to be difficult as the responses I'm getting are all in Dutch. I have read that if staying at a resort you don't need a guarantor in aruba? We would be renting an apartment in a small holiday rental area so does this count as the same as staying in a hotel? I'm a bit worried as dont want to arrive and be told we can't stay 3 months - I know you have to provide departure details so will have to pre book flight back to the uk. My worry is we won't have a guarantor in aruba as we don't know anyone there. I am just worried we will pay up front for apartment, insurances, flights and then be told no any advice on the best way to go about this would be fantastic. Just want our adventure to begin. Also Would the fact we got married in aruba stand us in good stead or is that irrelevant? Many thanks Kelly

Aruba since 1979
    i would recommend contacting member Billstellar, by private message.

bill and stella have a home in aruba, are from nova scotia and stella visits aruba 2x annually, usually staying 2 months and then 4 months = 6 months per year. bill does not stay quite so long.

ask them about all the ins and outs.

they may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLancaster2B View Post
    Hi guys, ok so I asked a while ago about spending 6 months in aruba and 6 in the uk. To cut a long story short we have found somewhere for next year and have decided we will do it for 3 months and start the 6 the year after. So now I'm not sure how to tackle immigration do I fly in as normal and try to extend once I'm in aruba or do I contact from the uk - proving to be difficult as the responses I'm getting are all in Dutch. I have read that if staying at a resort you don't need a guarantor in aruba? We would be renting an apartment in a small holiday rental area so does this count as the same as staying in a hotel? I'm a bit worried as dont want to arrive and be told we can't stay 3 months - I know you have to provide departure details so will have to pre book flight back to the uk. My worry is we won't have a guarantor in aruba as we don't know anyone there. I am just worried we will pay up front for apartment, insurances, flights and then be told no any advice on the best way to go about this would be fantastic. Just want our adventure to begin. Also Would the fact we got married in aruba stand us in good stead or is that irrelevant? Many thanks Kelly

Aruba since 1979
    ps
    i do not think a marriage certificate will mean anything to DIMAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i would recommend contacting member Billstellar, by private message.

bill and stella have a home in aruba, are from nova scotia and stella visits aruba 2x annually, usually staying 2 months and then 4 months = 6 months per year. bill does not stay quite so long.

ask them about all the ins and outs.

they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thank you Andrea ill contact them now. I didn't think it would was just hoping