Aruba Beach

Thread: furniture

furniture

Where is the best place to buy good value furniture, looking for good quality at a good price.

Here is a list of where we purchased furniture (in no particular order).

Dana's
    The Jungle
    De Arends
    Teak House
    Texas
    Home & Nature
    Economic Center
    Hagemyer
    Unique

I'm sure there are others that we have purchased from, but these come to mind
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

Above list pretty much covers the shops. Here are a personal view on some of them:

The Jungle: Probably the most stylish furniture on the island, but very high prices.
    Home & Naure: Good quality for ok prices. Mostly hard wood furniture.
    Teak House: Ok to good quality, medium style.
    Texas: Medium quality, cheap prices. Few pieces are ok in style, but mostly not.
    EQ3: Brand new. Pretty stylish furniture, More European style. Ok prices for the quality. Very low stocks, which is irritating though.
    De Arends: Just moved to bigger and better store. Good quality but high prices.
    Hagemeyer: Very small selection and most is very old fashioned.
    Dana's: Very mixed. Good quality. Ok prices. Ok to good style. Good selection in beds.
    Binnenhuys Island Living: Owned by popular Interior Designer. High prices. High Quality.

A year ago we furnished a pretty big house in 10 days from the above stores. 80% was bought at The Jungle and Home and Nature. Today we would probably have bought more from EQ3 and Binnehuys.

Carsten

I really like the stuff at EQ3. I had bought some dressers at the Teak House
    which had some kind of bugs in them. They had to pick them back up
    and fumigate them. ICK!

Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it

We are in Aruba right now and will be shopping for furniture today...this is very helpful..

The Jungle and now the big Texas store is closed. Texas has 2 smaller stores - one in St Nic and one in town. Not sure where it is yet.

I'm very sad the Jungle is closed

We purchased a lot of our furniture from De Aarends as well, and some of the less expensive fill-in items from its "sister store", Leen Bakker. Leen Bakker is a Dutch chain, and its Aruba location is a (very very mini) Ikea-like store - you have to assemble the furniture yourself.

Of course they don't have most of the stuff that the real stores in Holland carry, but you can get an idea of their style from their web site (just google Leen Bakker).