Aruba Beach

Thread: Garbage Collection

Garbage Collection

We will be on the island next week and our house will be completed. We still need to get many items and one of these is organising the garbage collection. Is this service supplied by the government or is it private? If it is private can somebody suggest a reliable 'collector'? Preferably a company that offers also a 'recyclable' bin in conjunction to a non-recyclable one. Again thank you very much. This board is a great fount of information!!!!!

ITIE,

Depending upon where your house is, your garbage collection may be a private service or public. Here in Savaneta, where I own an old house, the garbage is picked up every Wednesday morning. No recycling bins.

For clean-up projects and demolition/construction debris, I use ATCO. They place a roll-off container, 20 cubic yards, which I load and then they haul it away. Price is very cheap compared to the US. Fixed fee was 150 florins in April when I had the last one. I think ATCO also offers residential service to private customers. Check with them. They have always given good service on the containers and they're dispatchers are nice people.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    eco teck that the way to go
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Banned

Recycling

What is the latest info on recycling in Aruba. The only downfall that I've found w/Aruba so far is that recycling is voluntary only. I definitely want to recycle when on the island even if I have to take it to the dump myself. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

I found that the government trash pick up is unreliable. EcoTech is a private company. They are very reliable and reasonable. They provide the container and pick up on Wednesday evenings. The cost for once a week pick up is 30 florins.
    I do have a government issued container also, but only use it when I see or hear the trucks on the street. Never know which day they are picking up.

Kathy

Banned
    I'm going to ask again about recycling on the island. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Aruba since 1979
    there are some members here who are either full time or seasonal.
    try private messaging them.

sugar
    cheryl
    mark68
    aquaman
    mmattaleo
    taxidriver
    san nic 44
    to name just a few

Aruba since 1979

to jerseygirl

from aquaman

Andrea,

I cannot respond to her. See below.\\

THE FOLLOWING ERRORS OCCURRED WITH YOUR SUBMISSION:
    jerseygirl has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove jerseygirl from the recipient list and send the message again.

Here was my reply

Hi

We have our garbage removed by the Govt run collection. There is no recycling option with this system. We are considering switching to a private collector named Ecotech. I am not sure if they offer any recycling. In addition to our home on the island, we also own timeshares at Costa Linda. At Costa Linda they have a special recycling bin in each kitchen. This bin is separate to the general garbage bin. It is for glass etc. I suggest you may want to email Miriam Rodriguez at CLBR. She is Mgr of Member Relations. A nice lady and I am sure she will answer this for you in more detail than I can. I do know that the new Govt of Mike Eman has taken steps to reduce garbage on the island. They have installed bins at places like Arashi etc, where previously there were none.

Hope this helps

Hi there,
    I use the government trash collection. You have to go pick up the trash barrel in San Nicolas. You need to show a utility bill to get one. I have not seen any recycling on the island. They come every week on Thursdays for pickup. Not sure how to get rid of big stuff, however. . .

Tom and Stanley