Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Getting Permanent Residence Permit without buying a house

Getting Permanent Residence Permit without buying a house

Hello!
    My name is Nina. I am glad to find such a useful forum about life in Aruba. Thanks for your time and useful information.
    I need some advice, maybe someone can help. Can I get a Permanent Residence Permit without buying a house on the island? I would like to rent a house or apartment.
    Thanks in advance.

If you have a long term lease (at least 1 year) you can apply for a resident permit. Have your landlord give you a signed lease and take the "original" with you when you submit your papers. They (DIMAS) will make a copy of it and give the original back to you. . . You should have no problem. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    aruba will be so much warmer than moscow, right?!?

as tom says, you will need to show DIMAS your long term lease and there will be income verification, criminal check, etc.
    it is a very thorough and time consuming process.

have you visited DIMAS website or when you've been in aruba, spoke to an employee at the DIMAS office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninell View Post
    Hello!
    My name is Nina. I am glad to find such a useful forum about life in Aruba. Thanks for your time and useful information.
    I need some advice, maybe someone can help. Can I get a Permanent Residence Permit without buying a house on the island? I would like to rent a house or apartment.
    Thanks in advance.

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/dimas.aruba.1

dimas has a facebook page

Thanks for your answers!
    Yes, you're right, Moscow is not the warmest place) The outdoor temperature is -20 right now!
    That's why мy husband and I dream about moving to Aruba.

We are in contact with DIMAS, I think we have all the required documents, except long term lease.
    We will be in Aruba in April and hope to settle the matter.
    You said: «It is a very thorough and time consuming process». Did You have such experience?
    Maybe you know people who can help? We will be very grateful for your advice.

I had it - it is a long process. You need a lawyer or someone to get your first permit would be my suggestion. It might cost more - but they will have everything done the way they want it. Sometimes they don't say exactly how they want it.

Thank you, Lizzardo. I think all bureaucrats have much in common, in Russia the same. Did you have lawyer or someone to get your first permit? Could you recommend someone with the right skills?

Aruba since 1979
    i have no such experience, but have been told by many that have gone thru the process that it is long and frustrating.

question.......would you be better off visiting for a few months before going thru the whole process only to find out it's not for you?

am i correct thinking that you have never been to aruba?

i recommend an extended vacation to get a feel for the island.
    island life does not suit some.

QUOTE=Ninell;253001]Thanks for your answers!
    Yes, you're right, Moscow is not the warmest place) The outdoor temperature is -20 right now!
    That's why мy husband and I dream about moving to Aruba.

We are in contact with DIMAS, I think we have all the required documents, except long term lease.
    We will be in Aruba in April and hope to settle the matter.
    You said: «It is a very thorough and time consuming process». Did You have such experience?
    Maybe you know people who can help? We will be very grateful for your advice.[/QUOTE]

Is 3 months the maximum for a temporary permit?
    If so could one leave the island after 90 days and go to say Curacao for a few days or a week and then re-enter for another 90 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Is 3 months the maximum for a temporary permit?
    If so could one leave the island after 90 days and go to say Curacao for a few days or a week and then re-enter for another 90 days?

I understand and they clamped down on this about 5 years ago. Not sure what the situation is today

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast