Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Getting Permanent Residence Permit without buying a house

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;253141
    question.......would you be better off visiting for a few months before going thru the whole process only to find out it's not for you?
    am i correct thinking that you have never been to aruba?

Yes, you're right. We had never been to Aruba. But read about this beautiful island very much, including this forum)
    We want to live and raise children in a calm and safe environment. Moscow is not the perfect place for this.
    In any case, Permanent Residence Permit does not bind us to the island, we can live anywhere.
    And I hope we will find the person who can make the process less long and frustrating.

Aruba since 1979
    Please IMO visit aruba for an extended vacation before you decide to relocate.

I would suggest you rent a Villa and live like a local for a couple of months. As others have said, living on Aruba is a lot different to staying as a tourist. If you do decide to go ahead, feel free to PM me and I can provide some info ands possible assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Ninell View Post
    Hello!
    My name is Nina. I am glad to find such a useful forum about life in Aruba. Thanks for your time and useful information.
    I need some advice, maybe someone can help. Can I get a Permanent Residence Permit without buying a house on the island? I would like to rent a house or apartment.
    Thanks in advance.
    Здравствуйте, Нина!
    У нас-аналогичные мысли и мы были на Бонейра в прошлом году. Мы живем в Москве, хотелось бы пообщаться, только не через форум. Не пойму, как сбросить Вам свои личные данные? Анжелина

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum anzhelina

Quote Originally Posted by anzhelina View Post
    Здравствуйте, Нина!
    У нас-аналогичные мысли и мы были на Бонейра в прошлом году. Мы живем в Москве, хотелось бы пообщаться, только не через форум. Не пойму, как сбросить Вам свои личные данные? Анжелина

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I would suggest you rent a Villa and live like a local for a couple of months. As others have said, living on Aruba is a lot different to staying as a tourist. If you do decide to go ahead, feel free to PM me and I can provide some info ands possible assistance
    Thank you! We may follow your advice. We plan to come to the island in April. After this trip, decide what to do next.

I lived in Aruba for two years and life is different.I would suggest the same do extended stay.Also you need a work permit to work.

There are people that do fly to Curaçao then back which is a short flight

go to http://www.dimasaruba.aw/ you can now get it in english as well as the forms!
    Progress anyone?

Go to download forms then to visitors and it will give you all the info you want.
    Don't know the timeframe allowed to stay anymore.

Neilla - you need a rental agreement. In Aruba the joke is that the plumber is coming on Tuesday but he didn't mention which one.

You need patience and a good sense of humor. Do not flip your lid in front of the person you are trying to deal with,

We use Business to Business for our residency (and yearly renewal) www.b2baruba.com As to staying as a tourist do as was mentioned. Check the Dimas website for info. To the best of my understanding you may stay 180 days total in a calendar year. If you are staying longer than 30 days at a time you would need to show you have a place to stay (home ownership, rental agree, timeshare agreement, etc), return ticket, and insurance to cover accident, medical, etc. while you are on the island.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast