Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hello from Simona,Kat and Kaiden!!

Hello from Simona,Kat and Kaiden!!

Hello all,
    we visited Aruba twice and we took the plungeOur son Kaiden loved loved loved it!!We bought our first place in Seru Pela and it is aaaahhhmazing!!
    We are now working towards moving there in about 3 years time but in the meanwhile we'll keep watching the posts.We need tips on furniture stores and we would like to buy a Jeep (4doors would be best).Any suggestions are welcomed!Thank you!
    We'll be back at the end of April this yearcan't wait!

Aruba since 1979
    congrats
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i am going to move this thread to Moving to Aruba and it may get some good suggestions to your questions there!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonaV View Post
    Hello all,
    we visited Aruba twice and we took the plungeOur son Kaiden loved loved loved it!!We bought our first place in Seru Pela and it is aaaahhhmazing!!
    We are now working towards moving there in about 3 years time but in the meanwhile we'll keep watching the posts.We need tips on furniture stores and we would like to buy a Jeep (4doors would be best).Any suggestions are welcomed!Thank you!
    We'll be back at the end of April this yearcan't wait!

Congrats on the purchase & plans to move!! I'm so jealous!

Welcome to the Aruba.com forum!!

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

HahaThanks !looking forward to some nice warm part of our lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Congrats on the purchase & plans to move!! I'm so jealous!

Welcome to the Aruba.com forum!!

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure!!

So I am hoping to get tips on furniture stores and we are looking to buy a jeep?!any ideas?
    thanks again

Hello Simona,

When we built our home several years ago, we purchased the following from PriceSmart: washer & Dryer; two (2) flat screen LCD televisions; stainless steel refrigerator; stainless steel microwave; stereo system; lamps; pots & pans; towels; beach chairs, grill, cooler, etc. We basically bought many of the extras needed to finish our home.

The prices were more than the states but much less than other stores on the island. (We did compare prices before we decided to buy most of what we needed at PriceSmart.) Somethings we did find cheaper than PriceSmart but in the end, it was easier, faster and cheaper to buy in one place.

We did also purchase several pieces of quality made teak furniture and an outdoor dining table from Home & Nature (located across from Pricesmart)

Hi David,
    thanks so much for the quick response.The house we bought comes furnished already but we need to buy some outdoor pieces ,extra towels,bedding etc...we visited Price Member and prices are comparable to here in Toronto.
    Do you live on the island now?
    thanks again
    Simona

David,
    I was just looking at your house on homeawaythat s beautiful!!we bought www.ranchoazularuba.com
    How much was it to build your own house and how long did it take?We would like to try that next time
    Simona

Hello Simona,

I just sent you a private message. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Wow when you buy a place you go all in. Good for you, looks beautiful. Long way from TO we have owned for 7 years and much more enjoy the winter here than in Calgary. Also found what you have that the prices here are comparable to prices at home. Although I do find that outdoor furniture is much more expensive. You may want to look at what you can get say at Canadian Tire and bringing it down. (just an idea) Enjoy your place!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast