Aruba Beach

Thread: Hi all! Info on vehicle licensing?

Hi all! Info on vehicle licensing?

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and have tried to do a little preemptive searching with no luck. My husband and I are interested in purchasing a vacation home on the island and have been able to find info on just about everything short of how we go about licensing our vehicles and ourselves to drive. Is there a Department of Transportation or the like who we could contact with our questions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

this has come up in the past.
    i cannot find the posts/threads but i will keep looking.

the government tax office is where you will register and do all of the vehicle related business.

i will try to find you more info.

Quote Originally Posted by islanddreer View Post
    Hi all! I'm new to the forums and have tried to do a little preemptive searching with no luck. My husband and I are interested in purchasing a vacation home on the island and have been able to find info on just about everything short of how we go about licensing our vehicles and ourselves to drive. Is there a Department of Transportation or the like who we could contact with our questions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    Arubean ID Card / Personal ID number
    this is all i have been able to find...so far

Thanks, Andrea! That's already very helpful. I'd found some information that looked like the govt. tax office (SIAD?) was the direction I'd need to go, but then I got completely turned around. Glad to know I was on the right track. Thanks, again!