Aruba Beach

Thread: Hi everyone couple questions here!!!

Hi everyone couple questions here!!!

Well hello everyone my names is Dominick and I currently live in New Jersey and work and run a family owned restuarant and I'm planning on moving down to Aruba for about 6 months to a year starting in January or longer if I find a way LOL. Ok here's the deal I know there's alot of red tape with moving down there what's the first thing I should do besides finding a job(i have someone working on that for me) I found a house to rent for 6 months at a time for 775 a month my buddie does all the shipping of Aruba waste and recycles so shipping things in or out shouldn't be a problem for me(i hope). If I just wanted to live there for 6 months without working what's the easiest way of doing that and once I'm there could I find a job and them apply for a work visa!! It just seems easier being there in looking ya know but any help would be appreciated

Aruba since 1979
    i and probably most of the members of this community wish you well.
    i do not know how you will be able to pull it off.
    jobs are very few and very far between for non arubans or non dutch nationals.

what would u be shipping in and out ?
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Couture000 View Post
    Well hello everyone my names is Dominick and I currently live in New Jersey and work and run a family owned restuarant and I'm planning on moving down to Aruba for about 6 months to a year starting in January or longer if I find a way LOL. Ok here's the deal I know there's alot of red tape with moving down there what's the first thing I should do besides finding a job(i have someone working on that for me) I found a house to rent for 6 months at a time for 775 a month my buddie does all the shipping of Aruba waste and recycles so shipping things in or out shouldn't be a problem for me(i hope). If I just wanted to live there for 6 months without working what's the easiest way of doing that and once I'm there could I find a job and them apply for a work visa!! It just seems easier being there in looking ya know but any help would be appreciated

As far as shipping things in and out I meant my belongings and shipping cost it wouldn't cost me anything to get say my car my 2 quads and some stuff I wanted to pack except for dutie taxes of course!! I know jobs are few but I have some good qualities such as manager of 5 star restuarant for 5 years bar tending 5 years, I speak English, Spanish, Italian, and I'm learning Papiamento now so I think maybe a hotel restuarant would take me if not I'm a skilled mechanic in Yamaha street bikes quads and I know u have alot of quads down there that need oil changes after everyone renting and beat the s8&t out of them hahha!!! What about not working and just hanging for 6 months what would I do then
    Thanks everyone just trying to get all the facts before I come down and trust me I coming down even if I can't work I'll bring 20000 - 30000 grand wit me and have one hell of an experience LOL just need some facts
    Dominick

job mechanic cars, waverunners and boat-engines

Hi , I found this on the web, allround mechanic, esspecially in electronics, repair of cars, waverunners and boat engines email to info@arubwatersportcenter.com maybe they spelled it wrong info@arubawatersportcenter.com

Good Luck

Will

Gevraagd: Auto Monteur

gezocht voor watersportbedrijf all round automonteur, moet vooral goed zijn op electronisch gebied.
    Reparatie van o.a. auto's, waverunners en boot motoren.
    mailen: info@arubwatersportcenter.com

Good luck. We are building our home there and if we could get a job there we would move there also but it is not easy. Seems money is not problem as you mention you can bring 20,000-30,000 and have fun so if that is the case be happy that Aruba allows a 6 month stay and maybe some volunteer work is more of a possiblity to keep you busy.