Aruba Beach

Thread: Home Depot Type Store in Aruba

Home Depot Type Store in Aruba

Does anyone know if there is a Home Depot or Costco type store in Aruba, if so, where is it located?

I need a store that I can purchase some power tools, ceiling fans, shelving for an outside laundry room, water hoses, deadbolt door locks, gas grill, utility sink, washer & dryer, pots for plants, etc.

Thank you in advance....

Try Codemsa -- definitely not home depot but a decent selection

http://codemsa.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

The "General Store" is new and very nice. It has most everything you requested. It is located on the main road by the airport (close by the Toyota dealership.

Other stores to check out for tools & fans are Codemsa, the Wema hardware stores (there are 5 of them), and Kooyman.

Texas Furniture and Hagmeyer also has fans. We bought our washer, dryer & gas grill at Hagmeyer.

Power tools are very expensive in Aruba. I took from U.S. a circular saw (Sears), battery drill, and hand tools I had around the house.

Also check out Price Smart. Next to Price Smart is a nursery that will have pots for plants.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

There is also Kooyman with branches in San Nicolaas and not far from the airport.

Brenchie's has a big store in Ponton with lots of fixtures for bathroom and such.

Beware of combination fittings, those with metric and english threads on the same piece.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

mac

Smile price smart

What Exactly Is Price Smart? Have Seen It For Years But Never Been In It. Is It A Membeship Like Costco? What Types Of Items Do They Sell? Is Beer Cheaper There?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What Exactly Is Price Smart? Have Seen It For Years But Never Been In It. Is It A Membeship Like Costco? What Types Of Items Do They Sell? Is Beer Cheaper There?
    PriceSmart is the same as Costco & Sam's Club. If you don't buy a membership then you pay an additional 15% surcharge on the total of your bill when you check out. Beer is about the same price as the supermarkets in Aruba.

mac

Smile price smart

thanks liz. was hoping to find a cheaper place to buy Balashi. guess i'll stick to Ling & Son