Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By act1966

Thread: House as a permanent resident/worker. Cost? Where?

House as a permanent resident/worker. Cost? Where?

Hello. I've been offered a long standing job in Aruba and I'd like to get some information about the cost of living before taking the jump.

We're a family of 4 (children 10 and 8) who like to live indoors a lot. We also like to BBQ. So my idea would be a house with at least 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, extra room for office, yard or garden for car or two, BBQ, inflatable pool or jumping mat.

I've been looking at the real estate pages, but they are not very user friendly.

How much may that cost? And what added costs should I expect to face? Which zones do you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mipial View Post
    Hello. I've been offered a long standing job in Aruba and I'd like to get some information about the cost of living before taking the jump.

We're a family of 4 (children 10 and 8) who like to live indoors a lot. We also like to BBQ. So my idea would be a house with at least 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, extra room for office, yard or garden for car or two, BBQ, inflatable pool or jumping mat.

I've been looking at the real estate pages, but they are not very user friendly.

How much may that cost? And what added costs should I expect to face? Which zones do you recommend?

Thanks a lot.
    Have you contacted a real estate agent? The majority of people here have limited exposure to long-term rental prices. For example, our house would typically fetch $1100-1500 USD per week as a vacation rental but it had rented for $2100 per month in a long-term contract a few years ago. Real estate agents will be able to show you houses in your price range and have a better sense of the long-term rental market.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Have you contacted a real estate agent? The majority of people here have limited exposure to long-term rental prices. For example, our house would typically fetch $1100-1500 USD per week as a vacation rental but it had rented for $2100 per month in a long-term contract a few years ago. Real estate agents will be able to show you houses in your price range and have a better sense of the long-term rental market.
    Thanks. I have not contacted them yet because I like to know the experience of the people such as I beforehand. I want to make an over-the-top estimate of expenses vs income before leaving what I have here.