Aruba Beach

Thread: How long can a person drive in Aruba with a non Aruban Drivers License?

How long can a person drive in Aruba with a non Aruban Drivers License?

How long can a person drive in Aruba with a non Aruban Drivers License? Thanks.

Not sure how long but to get an Aruba license, you need a resident permit. . . . I have friends here who been driving with a US license for years even though they live ere full time. . .

Tom and Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Not sure how long but to get an Aruba license, you need a resident permit. . . . I have friends here who been driving with a US license for years even though they live ere full time. . .

Tom and Stanley

That would work if you were never stopped.... However I'm wondering if there is an official length of time. I know with an(AAA) international drivers license you can drive for up to 1 year spans in Europe and Asia.

I'm curious, do you need an Aruban Drivers License to purchase and or register/insure a vehicle in Aruba?

As far is I know, you do not need a license. My friend who owns a house in the neighborhood bought, insured and registered a car here. I do believe you need to show proof of house ownership or a year lease of a rental. When I registered my car, they wanted my island address and proof of it along with the paid tax and insurance proof. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)