Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How warm(cold) is water in homes with no water heater?

I have a tankless water heater in my Aruba home. It runs on propane and is plenty powerful as you can run both indoor showers at once with hot water for both. Tankless is the way to go as it only operates when the hot water is needed. It runs on propane, which is fairly cheap in Aruba, and no electricity is required. It gets its initial spark by two "D" batteries that need to be changed every few years.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I have a tankless water heater in my Aruba home. It runs on propane and is plenty powerful as you can run both indoor showers at once with hot water for both. Tankless is the way to go as it only operates when the hot water is needed. It runs on propane, which is fairly cheap in Aruba, and no electricity is required. It gets its initial spark by two "D" batteries that need to be changed every few years.

-

I had of those but due to lack of use it rusted out. It also kept getting the flame blown out due to the wind. Did without for about 5 years. Now that I am here full time I put in the 10 gallon electric and have had no problems with it. My electric bill did not go up very much at all either. . . . O, I have never run out of hot water either. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post

-
    I agree. Tankless is really the way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12