Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I moved to Aruba 1,5 year ago !

I moved to Aruba 1,5 year ago !

Hello everybody,

1,5 year ago I moved from the Netherlands to Aruba after doing an internship at the Aruba Port Authority. I loved the island so much that after tree months of beeing back in Holland I just had to go back. The people are so nice here, the weather is great, there is always something to do and ofcourse the salsa!!

I took salsa lessons here on Aruba and fall in love with my salsa teacher. We are now together for 1,5 year and I also started give salsa lessons, together with him! My life has changed so much since my moving to Aruba but it's all for the better!

If you have any questions please ask me! I also make video's of my life here on Aruba on YouTube, so if you want an impression of what it is to live here you could take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OneHappy...ew=0&flow=grid

Kisses and hugs, Sam

Glad to hear that you're living the dream on the Happy Island. Hoping to move there myself on of these days, till then I'll just have to make do with visiting once a year(hopefully). Hope that all is well with you,
    Val.

Thank you so much! Yes I do live my dream! But beeing able to visit once a year is amazing too! Let me know when you will return! You should join us for salsa! hihihihi xxxxx Sam

Hi Sam,
    Will definately keep it under consideration for my next visit. At present I live on the twin island republic of Trinidad and Tobago, where at the moment we are gearing up for Carnival 2K13 (2013) on the 11th and 12th of February. I prefer living in warm climates, after spending 4 1/2 years attending College in upstate NY, and after experiencing some seriously harsh winters I knew that living in that sort of climate was not for me. I guess what I like the most about Aruba is it's small island feel and the general laid back relaxed atmosphere. It's the kind of place that I would love to live and start a family. Sigh! Well maybe someday.

Hope that all is well with you and yours on the Happy Island. Take care,
    Val
    P.S: You videos are fun and enjoyable to watch, keep up the good work!!!

Hi Sam
    We have purchased a property in Aruba and are looking forward to life on the beautiful island. Keep the vids going.

Thats so funny Vallond because I also give a couple of hours of schooltutoring a week and I had never heard of Trinidad and Tobago before until yesterday when I had to help the little girl with learning for her test!! Hahaha this way I also learn new things! We have carnaval here too in the same week! I'm so excited for that!

Oh thats so nice pc11010! Where are you from than? Your gonna love it here! It's still hard when your family lives somewhere else but when you have love and such a beautifull Island nothing can stand in your way of happiness! <3

Hey Sam,
    That's cool that you tutor school kids, have you ever given any thought about going into teaching? Beleive it or not, Carnival in Aruba was introduced by Trinidadians who came to the island to work at the oil refinery in San Nicholas back in the late 1940s/early 1950s. As they were away from home during Carnival season they decided to have their own carnival in San Nicholas and introduced the people there to steel pan, calypso, costumes and such. In time the carnival celebration in San Nicholas grew in popularity and spread to other areas on the island. Eventually Soca would soon become part of carnival celebrations on Aruba. I know that a few of our soca artists have performed on Aruba at one time or another. I just checked youtube for the performance video of one of our soca artists by the name of Destra Garcia, she last performed on Aruba back in 2011. However the audio was not all that great. I did find a copy of a song that she did with Sean Paul from back in 2008, I remember hearing this song at a club when I went on the Kukoo Kunuku suring my last visit. You may have heard it around Aruba at one time or another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXKzwmCWnaI

Also here is another soca song by one of our performers, I think I may have heard it being payed on Aruba:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_P7xtZwqSk

I would love to visit Aruba for carnival to experience it somewhere else. One of these days I guess. Be sure to post some videos on your carnival experience. i know what you mean about being excited about carnival, its the same here.
    Val

P.S: Interesting footnote, back in 2005 during the qualifiction for the 2006 World Cup in Germany the Trinidad and Tobago national team was coached by a Dutchman by the name of Leo Ben Hakker( hope I got the spellin right). Under his direction our team qulfified for its first world cup ever. To this day T&T is forver grateful to him for guiding out team to the finals.

Wauw Vallond, thank you so much for all your information! I never knew the background of the Carnaval here on Aruba! Maybe I can use some of the info in one of my video's about the carnaval! Cause i will definetely show some parades in the upcomming video's! Oh and Destra Garcia sounds great!!!! I dont remember hearing the second song here on Aruba! But it is nice too! xxxx

Hey Sam,
    Just found a song from Trinidad that is still in heavy rotation in the clubs and at parties on the island. Enjoy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSirNLU-rfM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast