Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Import Duties

Dan -

When you decide to got "native" in your nightie and book - I want a pic !!! LOL!

Lizzardo,

That may be a private fashion show. Then again, after my benders at Charlie's, well, it might be in the middle of Main Street in San Nicolaas.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Ok
    Here I go I just received my paper work from the shipper with the govt taxes.
    Patio Umbrella 12% tax on 145 dollars I paid 74 dollars here in the states.

Bicycle 12% tax on 178 dollars here again I paid 92 dollars at Wal Mart

Plastic lounges 22% These I paid 49 dollars for and again the govt taxes them at 96 dollars each. So after shipping fees and taxes total cost per lounger is 89 dollars. Could I purchase them on the island for the same cost is the question.

It goes on.
    I supplied all of the documentation of receipts from the stores I bought from.
    It appears that they about doubled the true cost then applied the tax.
    This is the Aruba govt at work.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

I figure that for the items you mention, you could have got them on the Island for the same or less cost with less hassle.
    I have bought things like loungers at Pricemart for about the same price as I pay at Costco in Canada. I have seen bicycles similar to Walmart bicycles at Certified for about the same price as Walmart.
    Happy shopping! It's fun!
    Stella

I'm gretting ready to finally ship a container full of stuff for my house in Aruba. Furniture mostly but also a garage door, fridge, washe etc.
    I will ship the container in a couple of weeks and the shipping time is about 1 week when dropping it off in Miami my the cutoff day which is Thursday.
    Once the container arrives in Aruba a week later how much time it will take until I get it delivered to my house? A few days? A week? A month?
    Paperman did you get the paperwork after you received the stuff or do you have to pay before delivery? Any input would be great. Thanks

Here are my experiences so far with importing into Aruba. for smaller items i have been using Aruba Post. it is a 75awg/yr membership and it works well. The price listed on the invoice is the price which is used for the duties. You can bring in anything up to 150lbs. for certain things this has worked out great (mainly for online shopping stuff)

Now for larger items i can say the experience is not the same case. I just received container of marble last month for our home. Paul Fleming from P&S services took care of the paper work and everything was ok BUT this is the problem the container went into the hands of Vicking! Should have been with Maduro. don't know how it got into the hands of Vicking but tht is another story. The first 7 days of storage is free but then after that you have to pay storage. There is some type of big scam going on with Vicking because customs cleared my stuff quickly (it took only 1 week) but Vicking had charges that i had no idea what they were. My stuff was CIF but they were charging me FREIGHT!!! I spoke to a lawyer when i was there and even if the documents state CIF (cost, insurance and freight included) they had the right to keep my stuff until they got paid!!!!! whether from me or the original shipper.

so for one week that they stored my stuff i paid 1,100awg for storage, picking up my container from Port and Freight that was already paid. I was in a crunch and after much argument paid the bill but told them that they are theives and i will get to the bottom of it. One point i have to stress is our shipment did not come from USA so our shipment had transhipments involved but if you are shipping from USA (Miami) etc please make sure your documents state NO TRANSHIPMENT ALLOWED) if the boat makes a stop to another island and if any fees are incurred you are responsible and have to pay. This has happend with some shipments from Miami (spoke to person that this happend to) because not many boats are going to Aruba and they can amalgamate shipment with another boat and you have to pay and just pray that it does not get into the hands of Vicking!

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    just do this the price you buy them there in the us 3 times more that is the right way to do it
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

When I talked to my freight forwarder - they do not tax you on
    the items only - they also include taxes and shipping. Asked
    why? Told "that's the way they do it"....

Sometimes if they ask you for an invoice is to "adjust" it
    to your favor and email it to them.... But that's if an
    invoice in not included in your packages.

A vitamin update for all. Just finally got my vitamins and a nice
    letter from customs (in dutch) telling me that i'm not allowed
    to ship any more into aruba.

Has anyone shipped a vehicle recently using duty free from permit? I will be attempting in August and spoke to customs, shipping brokers and residents and keep getting different answers.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    Has anyone shipped a vehicle recently using duty free from permit? I will be attempting in August and spoke to customs, shipping brokers and residents and keep getting different answers.
    How to bring a car to aruba

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast