Aruba Beach

Thread: Insulation

Insulation

When I put up the ceiling in our Aruba house, I never gave any thought about insulation. I 'm thinking now that I should have to save on cost for air conditioning.

Do any know if their house is insulated?

Thanks, Tom
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Smile

Our house isn't and living in Canada we know all about insulation. We didn't build the house though. Of course the only time we try to use the AC is in our bedroom at night otherwise it is windows and doors open.

Yes you definately want to insulate the top floor , the hot sun heats up the attic space. You also want to vent your attic. I just completed my new home in Gold Coast and had it built this way. You can tell it really helps keep the top floor cooler.

It's not just energy.....without insulation, cold air conditioned surfaces that come in contact with warm, moist air can cause condensation and moisture/mold problems.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks All,

Living in Michigan, I only think insulation for the cold weather, like right now. I never thought about putting it in Aruba.

I do have an attic access, so we will be installing it next month. It is quite expensive in Aruba, a roll 24 in. X 63 ft. is about 139.00 AFL.

Thanks Again
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7