Aruba Beach

Thread: Internet Setup Question

Internet Setup Question

For anyone who signed up with Setar for internet service, what type of modem did Setar provide you? Or do you have to provide your own? Does the modem have enough ports to allow for more than 1 wired device to connect to it? If you had to provide your own or had a choice from Setar, which one did you use and how do you like it?

Thank you!

Any information would be appreciated!

StarryMoon

Quote Originally Posted by starrymoon View Post
    For anyone who signed up with Setar for internet service, what type of modem did Setar provide you? Or do you have to provide your own? Does the modem have enough ports to allow for more than 1 wired device to connect to it? If you had to provide your own or had a choice from Setar, which one did you use and how do you like it?

Thank you!

For

Any information would be appreciated!

StarryMoon

For cable use. I could not hook up my own. They need you to use theirs the modem is an Aris. It has 4 ports plus wifi. Setar program it with password, SSID and the coding to allow the modem to authenticate. One problem I experience on occasion is that the iPad loses connection. If I try to reconnect the password is continually rejected. I need to forget the network on the iPad, power cycle the modem and then reconnect the iPad and re enter the password. This is not just my iPad. Friends have the same issue.

In my other home I had DSL. That modem also had 4 ports. Forget the make.If I remember correctly, Setar charged a deposit on each modem. I think it was 250Afl