Aruba Beach

Thread: Island Practical

Island Practical

I've started a series on my blog called Island Practical about building a home in Aruba. You'll find photos of construction and other relevant issues related to owning a home in Aruba. As it expands, it should cover some of the questions asked here of late. Please don't hesitate to post a question here. I'll do my best to answer them with photos and explanations or point you in the right direction.

The blog address is part of my signature.

Thanks,

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Nice touch

Thank you for taking the time and interest to show others options the Island has to offer and how many wonderful areas of Aruba can still be bought at an afforable cost. In my opnion there is not a bad place on the Island to invest. My other love on the island is the southern area of Colorado. I wish I could have bought and restored one of the awesome homes by the Church. You never know dreams come true.

Barry,

You are correct. There were some nice homes down there in Seroe Colorado. That said, there's plenty of others around from one end of the island to the other. There is almost nothing on the water that is affordable, but that goes for everywhere. However, come inland a few streets and there are great values. If you have construction skills and are willing to work, fixing up a house here can be a great project at a very modest cost. In the end, you get what you want, the way you want it, in the place you want it to be.

More posts coming today on this subject at the blog.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/