Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jobs in Aruba

Is it really hard to find a job in Aruba?

I am from Austria and I am only 13 years.
    But I want away from here. It is quite boring. I know I am very young but I wanna visit Aruba. And I read that it's hard to find a job there. Why? Do I have to speak Dutch,English and Spanish or even more?

And I read that it's hard to find a job there.
    Supply and demand. There are only a limited number of jobs. Arubans have preference for positions.

"Q: Can an American/European citizen work in Aruba?

A: All visitors wishing to work in Aruba must have a written permit from the Directorate of Alien Integration, Policy and Admission (DIMAS). Visitors are not allowed to be in paid employment by an Aruban employer while visiting Aruba as a tourist. Further information and application forms for written permits can be obtained free of charge at the DIMAS. For more information please contact:

Departamento di Integracion, Maneho y Admision di Stranhero (DIMAS)
    The Directorate of Alien Integration, Policy and Admission
    Wilhelminastraat 31-33
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    Tel: (297) 5221500
    Fax: (297) 5221505
    Call center: (297) 5221590
    Appointment line: (297) 5221502
    Fax short stay department (visa): (297) 5221501
    Go to DIMAS website for more info: www.dimasaruba.com"

thanks a lot

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Being 13 has its ups and downs. Hang in there kiddo....No, I don't think you can move there by yourself and hold a job. I am speaking as a mom now, cindyo

Quote Originally Posted by missaustria View Post
    I am from Austria and I am only 13 years.
    But I want away from here. It is quite boring. I know I am very young but I wanna visit Aruba. And I read that it's hard to find a job there. Why? Do I have to speak Dutch,English and Spanish or even more?
    Your only 13yrs old and life is boring?You need to get into some kind of sport or join a club with people your own age.You will have plenty of time in your life to go to Aruba,but not for that reason.You have a long life ahead of you enjoy your childhood years.

Enjoy your precious youth and be patient with life.
    Next Aruba trip in

Yes, from all of us, you are too young to be bored, I have my best friend from Austria who now lives in Sweeden, and she used to also say that, but instead of traveling that far, she actually explored Austria and the surronding countries with family, and made it possible for the whole family to enjoy their Country. So do travel within your country, Austria is beautiful and it has allot to offer for you and the family.

i was wondering if there is any work for welders on the island because iam just about to finish collage and when i do i will have my journeymen status and iam trying to go somewhere warm for a bit because its cold up in canada

Quote Originally Posted by rich_002 View Post
    i was wondering if there is any work for welders on the island because iam just about to finish collage and when i do i will have my journeymen status and iam trying to go somewhere warm for a bit because its cold up in canada
    See http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/really-hard-find-job-aruba-35457/#post125617 Arubans have preference for positions.

Jobs in Aruba

Hi all,
    Just out of curious what would some of the best jobs be to get in Aruba? Is there one industry that is very strong down there? I've been hoping to get there for college and/or permanately and was just curious if there was anything down there to hold my interest.

Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast