Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jobs in Aruba

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    [quote=jollypirates9394;138460]Hi all,
    Just out of curious what would some of the best jobs be to get in Aruba? Is there one industry that is very strong down there? I've been hoping to get there for college and/or permanately and was just curious if there was anything down there to hold my interest.

Thanks in advance!

tourism comes to mind...

Yeah i figured that one What would be some good jobs in that industry? Any other industries that might be good?

Jobs in Aruba

Hi,

I've been reading some of the posts on here. I just wanted some clarification on working in Aruba. I am a Canadian and Dutch/EU citizen (dual citizenship). Are Dutch citizens allowed to move to and work in Aruba? From what I gather, I could just apply for a work permit as a Dutch citizen?

Thanks,

jkeuning

Hope you read Dutch - use a online translator if you need -
    Here is all the information from the immigrations here - DIMAS

http://www.dimasaruba.com/

Good luck!

jobs in Aruba

Hi,

After additional research, I've found a few websites that say that Dutch nationals/citizens are considered Aruban citizens, therefore I would not require a work permit. I guess having dual citizenship: Canadian/Dutch will come in handy! I'm not sure if I would still require a residency permit or not?

I've been thinking of going down to Aruba over the summer to do some job searching. I know if will be off season, but I am hoping that some places will be hiring to be ready for the fall when their busy season starts. Does anyone know of any good job websites for Aruba? I've been searching on the internet, but I have not come up with many.

Thanks,

jkeuning

Depending on what you do - the best thing I would do is look at the
    hotel websites - you can get a listing of all the hotels here easily -
    and then consult their websites to see if they are looking for people
    in your field.

I would also recommend you ask the hotel HR or an Aruban attny
    to verify if you need a work permit or not.

P3R
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeuning View Post
    Hi,
    After additional research, I've found a few websites that say that Dutch nationals/citizens are considered Aruban citizens, therefore I would not require a work permit. I guess having dual citizenship: Canadian/Dutch will come in handy! I'm not sure if I would still require a residency permit or not?
    jkeuning
    Which websites did you check? I'm very interested! I read the LTU on the DIMAS site, and from what I understand people with a Dutch passport can not stay indefinitely, unless:

a - they are born on Aruba or were granted citizenship there.
    b - they have been resident (without interruption!) on Aruba since january 1st 1986
    c - they have one (or more parnets) to whom a or b applies.

(Source: article 1 of the LTU), loosely translated)

So, staying forever might be problematic. It is however no problem at all to get a permit for, let's say, one year, and work. The best advice, like mentioned by others, is contacting an attorney or send a mail to DIMAS (although I understand they are very slow).

I'd appreciate it if you could post your findings on this board, thanks in advance!
    Back to Aruba in:

Yeah - I'm not sure about getting a response from DIMAS anytime too soon. Not known for their "great" communications skills.

jobs in Aruba

Hi,

I did send an email to (DIMAS) the other day to see what they say. I also sent an email to a lawyer at Gomez & Bikker aswell.

The websites are:

1) http://workpermitaruba.com/

2) http://lincolngomez.com/2008/07/22/a...work-in-aruba/

They both say basically the same thing. Sorry I had to remove the link for the sites, as it would not let me post it with a link. You should be able to just copy and past them. If you find out anything different, please let me know!

Jkeuning
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 06-06-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: activate link

Hey all,

I got an email back from the DIMAS. They basically said that Dutch nationals (not from Aruba) are allowed to work for the government of Aruba and would not require any work permits. If I wanted to work at a resort/hotel, then I would need a work permit.

Does anyone know of any government of Aruba websites that may advertise their job postings?

Thanks,

jkeuning

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast