Aruba Beach

Thread: Length of time to purchase a home

Length of time to purchase a home

Does anyone know why it takes so long to close on the purchase of a home in Aruba. Why does it take 2--3 months on average from the time of acceptance of an offer. Is this delay the Government or the Notary or what? Really curious about this

Aruba since 1979
    Seems to me that might be a question the realtor and or notary that was involved when you bought your lovely home would be able to answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Does anyone know why it takes so long to close on the purchase of a home in Aruba. Why does it take 2--3 months on average from the time of acceptance of an offer. Is this delay the Government or the Notary or what? Really curious about this

I have been waiting for OVER 2 YEARS for my updated property/house deed. . . . Took almost 3 YEARS to get the first one when we bought just the lot. I was a "Realtor" back in Mass and we got a new deed registered with he county in about 45 minutes. I asked a few times about this and NO ONE will give a real answer. The "Notary" was no help and gave the most run around answers when asked. . . .

Tom and Stanley ( the Aruba Guys )

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    Island time I guess.

We bought in November and closed in February - part of that timeline was driven by us returning to the island but our agent said that 2-3 months was typical... there's quite a back log with the notaries.

As for the deed comments, yes... we were warned that the actual processing of the deed would take a long time as it's not online with the government (like most things) but you don't need it to close on the property as the notary provides documentation that establishes you as the owner (which you'll need to start utilities and apply for any reno permits).

Big time lag with deeds - happened back when we were leaving - we needed a document by the notary but he decided to do it a different way because it was taking years to get the deed. Before that when we bought - the owner was pissed we wanted to close in 3 weeks.

OK Finally I got an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!! There has been an issue in Aruba regarding the Governor and Mr Eman, The Prime Minister of Aruba. The Governor refused to sign off on this years budget due to overspending on the part of the Aruban Govt. The Prime Minister went on a hunger strike over this. I was advised this afternoon that this event upset staff in the PM and Govt offices and this has caused many Govt run things to have stopped or slowed to a crawl.

So, now I know. To get things done fast I have to make sure the PM is well fed!!!!!!!!