Aruba Beach

Thread: Long stay as tourist & Dimas rules

Long stay as tourist & Dimas rules

Hi everyone,

I am new on the forum and hope I could find answers.I am french and I am organizing for my family (my wife & me and 2 kids 9 & 11 years old) a long stay as tourist in Aruba. I have mailed DIMAS several time but no answers (dimas@aruba.gov.aw).

What we would like to do : we would like to stay from September 2012 till May 2013. I will have to come back in Europe let's say every 2 months for professional reason. We will fly to the US 2 times during this period

I have read the Dimas documents and a lot of thread on the forum but I need to clarify few points :

The total amount of days a person can stay in Aruba as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year. This maximum stay is calculated per calendar year. Could it work with the Dimas rules if we will stay for example from September till February (6 months) then we will leave the island for the US and will come back one week later for 3 months.

Regarding the arrival in Aruba and the valid return ticket : Considering we will ask for an extension of stay is it OK with the custom control if our onward or return ticket date is beyond 30 days.

Thank you for your answer.

Laurent

Aruba since 1979
    i am not qualified to answer.......you do need to check directly with DIMAS.
    we have a number of members here, that stay for the 6 mos and i have been told DIMAS is strict and follows the rules.

is applying for residency an option?

i just sent to you message.yefim

Thank you for your answers. Have tried several times to contact the Dimas but no answers yet. If somebody has another internet mail adress at Dimas with somebody answering.

I guess the key for us is if Dimas calculate the maximum stay of 180 days per calendar year.

I will update this thread if I have more news and don't hesitate to help

Laurent

Perhaps you would be better phoning DIMAS.

Aruba since 1979
    one of our members has a home in aruba.
    she and husband are residents of canada

i am going to message her and direct her to this thread.
    the 6 month rule is something she is familiar with.

Thank you. Looking foward hearing from her.