Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new home

Looking for a new home

Hi All

Just to introduce myself, I am a Norwegian looking for a new home in the sun. Aruba ticks off all the boxes so far. I have searched the internet, looked and read, and, Aruba is one of 4 alternatives. Aruba being the most interesting one.

Living in Sweden at the moment (and will keep my house here) but I miss the sun. As I only work when I feel like it, and I can work anywhere it seems silly to hang around here just out of old habits. That's about whats keeping me, old habits.

My daughters of 18 and 22 are ready to pack up and leave as well. At least for a minimum of 6 months of the year. It's just too cold and unfriendly here.

I don't know what my questions are yet, other than the usual FAQ that everybody has, but, I would like to get to know people and hear of how others live there.

Have a GR8 day all

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum.
    i took the liberty of moving this to the MOVING to ARUBA category.

scroll and surf around this category and you may get some helpful info!

andrea

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I sure will look around here.

Penny

Hi Vanilla,

Are you looking for a house and if yes in what price range?
    are you coming alone or with kids of husband?
    regards ti

After all the questions, you may want to consider an extended stay in new territory.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Vanilla

You got a private message.

VANILLA, I travel back and forth to the island and boston monthly and spend about 4-5 months total on the island. I will tell you that you should rent a house for a month or so to see if you like it. I had a house built approx 5 years ago and own a business on the island. I travel back and forth because my wife and 9 year old did not want to make the permanent move. My wife and I obtained residency on the island but will not make permanent util year ten and have to renew yearly. The process is time consuming and involves, apostle b/cert.,marriage, good record, proof you have enough income and savings, leaving money in escrow in case they want to deport you at your expense, and other stuff. You will also spend a week at doctors office, hospital and blod work before they accept you as resident. Even with all this which will take 4 months using a company you can still not work on the island unless someone sponsors you for work or have dutch passport/residency paperwork filed in aruba. Although I do not contribute alot to this forum I read it almost daily and gained some good info. If you have any questions or anyone has questions that I may be abe to help send me a pm and I will try my best give you my e-mail. I have also sent containers and vehicle duty free in the past and kind of no what the process entails. hope this helps and do not want to discourage you just want you to know there is alot of red tape/// also Aruba is expensive compared to back home(shipping) utilities on the island (water/electric) are double compared to my bills back home

I will be willing to help answer any questions you might have too. You don't need to file for residency if you are living on the island for 6 months or less. It's better that way for many reasons.

I was there for five years and just moved last week. So ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
    Hi All

Just to introduce myself, I am a Norwegian looking for a new home in the sun. Aruba ticks off all the boxes so far. I have searched the internet, looked and read, and, Aruba is one of 4 alternatives. Aruba being the most interesting one.

Living in Sweden at the moment (and will keep my house here) but I miss the sun. As I only work when I feel like it, and I can work anywhere it seems silly to hang around here just out of old habits. That's about whats keeping me, old habits.

My daughters of 18 and 22 are ready to pack up and leave as well. At least for a minimum of 6 months of the year. It's just too cold and unfriendly here.

I don't know what my questions are yet, other than the usual FAQ that everybody has, but, I would like to get to know people and hear of how others live there.

Have a GR8 day all
    I have a condo for sale, a 2br in a gated community if you are interested.

I have a 2br, 2 and 1/2 bath condo for sale in a gated community 200yds to Eagle Beach, if you are interested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast