Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vmn077

Thread: Looking for satellite TV, help. . . .

Looking for satellite TV, help. . . .

Hi there all,

Anyone have or know of a Satellite TV Company on the island? ?? Looking to get better channels from the states then those offered by SETAR. . .

Thanks,
    Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Aruba since 1979
    send a PM to forum member SUGAR, she lives in the Wayaca neighborhood.

she has a tv converter thing SLING BOX where she receives the same tv as her son in MA. http://www.slingbox.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Hi there all,

Anyone have or know of a Satellite TV Company on the island? ?? Looking to get better channels from the states then those offered by SETAR. . .

Thanks,
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Any of Aruba's beaches, Sand dunes on North shore, Sitting among huge boulders overlooking the beautiful tropical desert scenery
    How about DirecTV? Are they on the island? It says ' coming soon.."? http://www.directvaruba.com/

I think they might help Satellite Tv Store

I usually buy everything i need from these people. They even offer free forward shipping to be send here in Aruba. They have Dish Network and Directv as well as FTA Equipment.

Search on google esatcenter

A friend of mine just got a satellite system and I am going to see if it is what I am looking for. I also saw a "Sky Satellite" store the other day. I am going to stop in and see what they have. I will post a result of what I find. . .

Aruba since 1979
    tom did you look into the SLING BOX?

Hi Andrea, I did look into a Sling Box and it is not at all what I was looking for. It needs to be connected to a TV in the states and only sees what that TV sees. Also, if you change a station here, it changes there too. I am still researching a satellite but not having much luck. .

I used to have direct tv, but was not happy with it at all. This was quite a few years ago, so they may have changed. I have an old number for Dish tv that someone gave me, if you would like it.
    I have the slingbox and am very happy with it. You do need a cable or satellite connection in the states to get the channels. I have 2 connections, one at my son's home and one at mine. It is connected to a cable box and the router. It does not interfer with the tv at the house. It is not connected to the tv. We do have 2 cable jacks though.