Aruba Beach

Thread: Management Traineeship / Internship in Aruba

Management Traineeship / Internship in Aruba

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for this site, I can see how useful it is and how much time moderators are spending here trying to help.

This is my situation, I am a spanish post graduated student with experience in 5***** and Luxury Hotels.

Right now, I was offered by the General Manager of a resort a 12 months management traineeship with a Resort located in Aruba (Palm Beach). I already sent to the HR department the documents that they asked me (Passport, Diploma, Certificate of no criminal record etc etc....)

I was told that they would contact DIMAS Department to try to obtain my special work permit, since this is not a regular work permit, cause it would be only for a Traineeship, not a normal job, and only 12 months duration. They already warned me that this would not be easy cause they are very strict in favour of Arubans.

It was 10 days since they contacted DIMAS, i have read it can take up to 12 weeks. Obviouslly this opportunity may change my life, that is why I am a bit anxious and really excited.

The question it is if you have knowledge of a similar situation in obtaining a traineeship permit, not a work permit, is it "easier" to obtain this? are my odds a bit higher?

Thank you so much!

I hope my next post it is about looking for acommodation , that would be great!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i have no answers for you re: DIMAS and the "special permit"
    but i can say, allow that HR dept do what they do and let them do the leg work . i know you are anxious and i hope the wait is short and hoe that you get the "special permit"
    Quote Originally Posted by Braskinson View Post
    Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for this site, I can see how useful it is and how much time moderators are spending here trying to help.

This is my situation, I am a spanish post graduated student with experience in 5***** and Luxury Hotels.

Right now, I was offered by the General Manager of a resort a 12 months management traineeship with a Resort located in Aruba (Palm Beach). I already sent to the HR department the documents that they asked me (Passport, Diploma, Certificate of no criminal record etc etc....)

I was told that they would contact DIMAS Department to try to obtain my special work permit, since this is not a regular work permit, cause it would be only for a Traineeship, not a normal job, and only 12 months duration. They already warned me that this would not be easy cause they are very strict in favour of Arubans.

It was 10 days since they contacted DIMAS, i have read it can take up to 12 weeks. Obviouslly this opportunity may change my life, that is why I am a bit anxious and really excited.

The question it is if you have knowledge of a similar situation in obtaining a traineeship permit, not a work permit, is it "easier" to obtain this? are my odds a bit higher?

Thank you so much!

I hope my next post it is about looking for acommodation , that would be great!

Well, it seems everything worked out fine, and im moving to Aruba in a couple of weeks

the company also provides housing and meals, so it seems I will enjoy my stay. But now I have some different questions, first one, what I need to open a bank account? second, Im undergoing ortodonthic treatment, do you know where can I find a trust dentist, or, do you have some experience of moving to Aruba with brackets and finishing treatment there? Huh, that sounded such a weird question haha

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    woo hoo
    terrific

my husband and i get all of our dental work done in aruba.
    (braces came off in 1971 so i cannot comment on orthodontia)
    i can recommend our dentist though and she may be able to refer you to an orthodontist.
    she is wonderful and i hope that she can help
    email is

jundiraras@rasdental.com (dr ras is the dentist)

and

genevievegeerman@rasdental.com (genevieve is the office manager)

send an inquiry to both and tell them andrea james recommended.

if dr J does not do orthodontia, she should know someone who does!

banking..........
    i know you are not a citizen of the USA, but still read this thread.
    it may answer some questions.
    click below
    Can a US Citizens open a Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by Braskinson View Post
    Well, it seems everything worked out fine, and im moving to Aruba in a couple of weeks

the company also provides housing and meals, so it seems I will enjoy my stay. But now I have some different questions, first one, what I need to open a bank account? second, Im undergoing ortodonthic treatment, do you know where can I find a trust dentist, or, do you have some experience of moving to Aruba with brackets and finishing treatment there? Huh, that sounded such a weird question haha

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    and from the aruba phone book

297-583-8262Dentists-Orthodontics (Straightening)
    Aruba Orthodontic Clinic
    Caya Ernesto O Petronia 17
    Of

297-588-4288Dentists-Orthodontics (Straightening)
    Belle Bouche Dental & Orthodontic Care NV
    Stadionweg 9
    Of

297-583-1999Dentists-Orthodontics (Straightening)
    Boekhoudt Orthod clinic
    Avenida Milio J Croes 51
    Of

297-582-6760Dentists-Orthodontics (Straightening)
    Walker John H (Orthodontist)
    Julianastraat 4
    Of

Wow you are wonderful Andrea, thank you very much.

I have some more questions but I dont know if this is the right place to post, all of them related to cost of life, average salary, cost of dentist, airfares, best/cheapest airline etc etc

well you know, Im just NEW

Aruba since 1979
    Cost of living
    check out the thread above re: cost of living.

utilities are very expensive.......water and electric are HIGH.

dentists.........fees vary.
    we have found it is about 50% less than in usa.