Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: minimum income for temp vs. permanent residence...

minimum income for temp vs. permanent residence...

Hi all!

Just need some clarification here. It is my understanding if I move to Aruba as a temp resident I need to show 50,000 florin income per year. For permanent residence I need to show 75,000 florin per year and put 100,000 florin in an Aruban bank. (assuming all these monies are coming from investments and I am not employed).

What is the difference between temp resident and permanent resident. I think the difference is that a temp resident can only stay 6 months per 12 month period, or 6 months at a time, then has to leave for a week or something to that effect. Can someone please clarify?

thanks!

-Rich

Aruba since 1979
    these are all great questions……….
    they need to be asked to DIMAS (aruba immigration) or to an Aruba Immigration Attorney.

maybe some of our aruba.com forum members that are now Aruba residents can give you an answer, but i advise that you get these ANSWERED by those of an "official capacity" DIMAS agent or Aruban Attorney.
    https://dimasaruba.embassytools.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman View Post
    Hi all!

Just need some clarification here. It is my understanding if I move to Aruba as a temp resident I need to show 50,000 florin income per year. For permanent residence I need to show 75,000 florin per year and put 100,000 florin in an Aruban bank. (assuming all these monies are coming from investments and I am not employed).

What is the difference between temp resident and permanent resident. I think the difference is that a temp resident can only stay 6 months per 12 month period, or 6 months at a time, then has to leave for a week or something to that effect. Can someone please clarify?

thanks!

-Rich
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-16-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Andrea, a question for you as the forum moderator. Since this is an official Aruban fTourism/govt forum, are there not resources available through them, to whom questions of this nature can be directed?

no offence intended but it would seem that these folks should assist in providing some answers or ideas

john

Aruba since 1979
    i am pretty certain that the ATA would refer people to DIMAS.
    imo, DIMAS should have a FAQ page in ENGLISH as well as other popular languages that would address these kind of questions.

again, www.aruba.com/forum is aimed at tourism, not residency.
    however, i will forward this thread to my supervisor, RAYON and ask him if there is anything else that the ATA can add to my answer.
    maybe the ATA will add in a link to DIMAS?

i stand by my original reply to Travelinman, that his best source of info is the Department of Immigration..aka DIMAS.
    yes indeed, no offense taken.

https://dimasaruba.embassytools.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Andrea, a question for you as the forum moderator. Since this is an official Aruban fTourism/govt forum, are there not resources available through them, to whom questions of this nature can be directed?

no offence intended but it would seem that these folks should assist in providing some answers or ideas

john
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-16-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Andrea. It is also a bit of a suggestion for ATA. If folks knew that they could get accurate info here, then this forum would get a lot of credibility. It would be welcome to see someone on the "inside" respond to some of the questions

john

Aruba since 1979
    this forum isn't especially credible now ?

here is an ol thread that talks of the income requirements. residence minimum income requirements to change
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Thanks Andrea. It is also a bit of a suggestion for ATA. If folks knew that they could get accurate info here, then this forum would get a lot of credibility. It would be welcome to see someone on the "inside" respond to some of the questions

john
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-16-2014 at 07:22 PM.

HI there kids. .. It is my understanding that there is no "temporary resident" permit. An American tourist is allowed to stay on the island for a total of 180 days per calendar year. No income declaration is required as no special permit is needed. If you intend to stay past the 180 days, you can get an extension from DIMAS. I have not applied for one so I am not sure if any fees are required. If you want a permanent resident permit, a declaration of funds is required. That amount can be found on the instruction sheet issued by DIAMS. You can see it on-line at DIMAS.Com. Look for the English translation. . . . I hope this helps. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Hi Tom

Good to see you here. We are going to be on island April and hope to see you, Leslie and Scott and others at our home.

John

With all due respect, I was not aware that this forum is "aimed at tourism, not residency" The forum name of "moving to Aruba" had me believe otherwise. Not trying to rock the boat, but it seemed like an appropriate question considering the name of this forum.

thanks all...

Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman View Post
    With all due respect, I was not aware that this forum is "aimed at tourism, not residency" The forum name of "moving to Aruba" had me believe otherwise. Not trying to rock the boat, but it seemed like an appropriate question considering the name of this forum.

thanks all...
    It is a completely appropriate question! And great for the Moving to Aruba area, however, there is no better place to get the most accurate answer than DIMAS

I hope you will come back & update this thread with the information you find
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast