Aruba Beach

Thread: Moving To Aruba?

Lightbulb Moving To Aruba?

Hi, I'm from the US and have been considering a major move to Aruba. I've been doing a lot of research on Aruba, but I'm not sure as to where to start or begin as to how to relocate to another country. Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed and very much appreciated.

Aruba since 1979
    go thru this entire subject and click on threads that may be what you are looking for.

tons of options

good luck
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by XxTHxX View Post
    Hi, I'm from the US and have been considering a major move to Aruba. I've been doing a lot of research on Aruba, but I'm not sure as to where to start or begin as to how to relocate to another country. Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed and very much appreciated.

My husband and I are looking for a vacation home to purchase. Condo near the beach...not too big but definitely with the amenities that a hotel has. Does anyone know any properties that I can look at...we are going down in December and I would like to begin my search. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Starose View Post
    My husband and I are looking for a vacation home to purchase. Condo near the beach...not too big but definitely with the amenities that a hotel has. Does anyone know any properties that I can look at...we are going down in December and I would like to begin my search. Thanks for your help!
    Not too many condos near the beach but there is a new one going up near Palm Beach with alot of amenities.

http://www.acquaruba.com/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The problem with this project, while it appears that it will be very beautiful, there is no beach. The beach access is the public beach between the Marriott and Moomba. This area is already so crowded and the public beach does not own huts or chairs. If this condo complex was on the beach it would be amazing.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Mrs. 44 and I toured the Acqua models not long ago. The condos are fairly well organized, but the kitchens are little small. This can be altered to your taste. True, there is no beach, and accessing nearby beaches would be dicey given that there are many hotels fronting this area. At the same time, there will be swimming pools and things of that nature as part of the complex.

I think (rightly or wrongly) that this project is catering to people with more of a long-term living situation in Aruba. In other words, there isn't the compulsion to hit the beach every day. This is only my humble opinion. Also, they are offering two parking places per condo.

The staff who shows the model is very knowledgeable without being pushy like some other places. They're also quite open about pricing and availability. This is not my kind of lifestyle as I prefer my shack in Savaneta, but it may be an option for others, especially retirees or others looking for a "low-maintenance" way of life.

As of this writing, the foundations were in the ground and work continues on the project.

All for now, bon dia!

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Good perspective! We own three weeks at the Surf Club and "toyed" with the idea that for the price of our three weeks we could own a unit in this complex. You comments are very true and we thought of this as an investment in our future as in about 10 years we will be in semi-retirement mode. We love Aruba and this is something appealing to us.
    Having said all of that, the lack of a beach is a huge drawback as we love the beach and would not even consider a place without good beach access. We also enjoy the Palm Beach district as well as all of our "friends" we have made in the area which would keep us from going to Eagle Beach (which is also lovely).
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents