Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Aruba

David

Re: Moving to Aruba

Page,

First let me say that I am way jealous!!

I don't know if you are coming from San Antonio (where I live) but the only draw back I can think of is that many things cost more in Aruba than in South Texas.

On the plus side, the people are great, they have virtually everything you could want and it will be a wonderful experience for you and your husband.

Nannette

What's not to like , you will be there with your " Hubby ! " It's all what you make it and at your age , enjoy ! I would move there in a heartbeat !!!! Although hubby and I will be celebrating our 40th there !!! (anniversary that is ) Enjoy !!!

Arubarocks

Congratulations to you and I am very jealous!! I would imagine you would be living with other Americans also working for Valero. They probably have housing set up. You will find all the comforts of home there like here, but you will be living in paradise 365 days a year for 3 years!!!!! As far as certain items you will have to rely on the internet. Aruba has Gucci and LaCoste, but not Coach or Louis Vuitton. If you're used to stores like Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus you won't find anything like that there. But you won't need that kind of stuff there anyway. If there is a favorite cosmetic you like you will have to get that via internet. They have all of the perfumes. Best of luck to you and your hubby.

Laura

Hi Paige,

Aren't you a lucky lady??? I am from Delaware also and own timeshare on Aruba. They have everything you need and more. Most importantly to me, sunshine most days and beautiful beaches!! The people are beautiful. I am sure you will enjoy your time there. Keep your fingers crossed that your husband gets the assignment.

Pete

Congratulations living in pardise.Almost as good as winning the lottery

bchbum

unless your hubby is "high on the ladder" you'll be living in a trailor in the "colony" (at the refinary)or you may be lucky an get one of last few houses that that still owened by the oil co.been there done that only it was esso then

Paige

Thank you very much for your reply. Your info was very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I believe that we will be visiting within the next few weeks for several days to get the lay of the land, etc. I am really looking forward to it. So many people who have written to me have been so generous and kind! Seems as though finding friends won't be hard at all.

Thanks again,
    Paige

Andrew Stanton

Wow ... is Valero hiring any computer programmers to work in Aruba at this time?

Ed

Hey Paige,
    I am an Aruban, and I just completed my internship at Valero Aruba Refinery. Most probably you and your husband will get a house in "the colony", near the refinery, the refinery will fix that for you. (Almost)All the americans that come here to work in the refinery, get a house in the colony. You will love it there, the view from most of the houses are really beautiful, most of them overlooking rodgers beach and/ or baby beach. If you have any other questions, you can mail me, no problem! And Andrew, if you want a job at Valero, so you can move to Aruba, check out valero.com, and click on "work at valero". You never know, you might get lucky! I know that the IT department at the Aruba Refinery needs a LOT of help, so go ahead and try your luck!
    See you araound, dude!
    Take care Paige!
    Ed

jamie

hhmm...fishing for e-mail addys ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast