Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Aruba

Moving to Aruba

Hello,
    me and my girlfriend would like to move to Aruba. We are a young couple and would like to start our small business there. We are enthusiastic about a beach bar idea. So we would like to purchase some beachfrond land and build up a bar with our savings. We are both EU citizens. What are the chances that we are allowed to do so?
    Greetings from Egypt!

Aruba since 1979
    here area a bunch of threads for you to look at.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1467472

click above link

you have a very slim chance of
    1) getting a work permit
    2) residency permit

when one is looking to work in aruba, one needs to be not depriving an aruban of a job....one needs to be able to converse in spanish, dutch, english and maybe papiamento.
    please do tons of research and i wish i could be more optimistic for you.

all beach front land is owned by Aruba......all beaches are public.

contact the Aruba department of immigration DIMAS

QUOTE=Discorat;212131]Hello,
    me and my girlfriend would like to move to Aruba. We are a young couple and would like to start our small business there. We are enthusiastic about a beach bar idea. So we would like to purchase some beachfrond land and build up a bar with our savings. We are both EU citizens. What are the chances that we are allowed to do so?
    Greetings from Egypt! [/QUOTE]

moving to aruba

You seem to know a lot about aruba. We are considering buying a home and living in Aruba 3 months a year. Is it reasonabkle to live in Aruba with a US pension oof $80,000 dollars? Thank you for your help. Maura

Quote Originally Posted by rapp110 View Post
    You seem to know a lot about aruba. We are considering buying a home and living in Aruba 3 months a year. Is it reasonabkle to live in Aruba with a US pension oof $80,000 dollars? Thank you for your help. Maura
    With $80,000 per year, youcan live well in Aruba. Depending on your expenses to keep a residence in the US, other then the cost of rent or mortgage in Aruba, you can live pretty well for about $1,800 per month for all other expenses on the island. . . .

Tom and Stanley

I appreciate your repsonse. We are considering this move in a few years and talking to Aruban people on our vacations has led up to believe we could easily live in Aruba on our pensions but wanted to hear it from others also.

I have a pension in US and live here in Aruba full time. I just received my permit Sept.30 and $80,000 is more than enough to qualify for permit and live here.

moving to aruba

Thank you! We just returned and while we were there we picked up a real estate brochure and map out a few houses and looked at them on our own. We have a few more years to retirment and wanted to get an idea of the feasability of the move. Thank you we were pretty sure it was doable but wanted to make sure. On our next trip we will do a more serious house hunting trip.

Did you get a chance to check out Gold Coast? I have a two bedroom townhouse there for sale. If you are interested, please email me at lyy8@hotmail.com.

Aruba Permits

Quote Originally Posted by Pensionado View Post
    I have a pension in US and live here in Aruba full time. I just received my permit Sept.30 and $80,000 is more than enough to qualify for permit and live here.
    I'm retired and was needing info on the permit process. Can you live as a retiree on the permit year-round in Aruba, or are you required to leave the island after so many months?

thank you.

Retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    With $80,000 per year, youcan live well in Aruba. Depending on your expenses to keep a residence in the US, other then the cost of rent or mortgage in Aruba, you can live pretty well for about $1,800 per month for all other expenses on the island. . . .

Tom and Stanley

Hi Tom & Stanley,
    you look like you might be retired. If so, can you stay on island or do you have to leave after so many months? I am retired and was wondering how the permit process works. Do you have any contacts in Aruba that could provide me with the permit process info?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast